No announcement yet.

I have a rant!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girls loved the GI's when I was there to Planedick.,but the toiletpaper was horrible,am I right? We used to trade our C-Rations for beer to the Germans because they loved the soft toiletpaper that came in the C-rats.One case of Rations = one case of good German beer.We did that when we were in the field.What a bargin
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Toilet paper?

I don't know about the TP, don't remember that, but their cigs were like camel dung and ours were rationed. Everyone got ration stamps for 5 cartons/month, but not everyone smoked. I used to buy stamps from non smokers for $10/month and buy cigs from the PX for $1/carton and sell them to Germans for $5/carton or 20 deuschmarks which was the same amount. There was no ration for beer, you could get American beer at the bowling alley and most everywhere appropriate on base. Nobody drank American beer much 'cause after the German beer it was like water.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I got out of the Army in Germany in Jan '66, and lived on the economy for 10 months, working construction.
        And yes, there were two kinds of toilet paper. Wax paper, and sand paper.
        The Leberkase mit meerrettich und brotchen, bought on the walkway of the Munich train station, made up for it, though. CZ

Comment

yea are cigs were rationed,along with hard booze,but damn was it cheap.. Best thing about Germany was girls,food and Jagermister.In that order.Oh,and Oct.fest.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
          X