Getting it ready for the 2012 season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planedick View Post
    I thought Cantaffordya was picky about EPA things. Here a vehicle only has to pass the smog test that was in force when the vehicle was first sold. So there is no smog test or inspection for the '78 Pathfinder and registration fees weren't shocking or I would remember what it was, something like 50 or 60 bucks. Because I do at least 15000 mi/yr I couldn't do the antique plate thing and I don't even know what the regs are here in Ca Ca land.
    That's one thing I've always thought was strange about the California system. They require an emissions inspection, but no safety inspection. Parts could be falling off the car/bike, and no one would care. At least here, even if the vehicle is old enough to be exempt from the emissions (or lives outside the area where they are required), a safety inspection is still required. Yes, it can be considered a joke by some, but at least someone is looking at the linkages and braking systems to make sure the vehicle is relatively safe.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I don't use my bike for a daily driver, usually just weekends. There are no mileage restrictions and any trip I take all I would need to say is that I'm going to an event if any questions were asked. LOL... My cost for yearly tabs was $45 and this collector plate was $35, one time fee. It will be nice to not worry about renewing every season now!
      1980 XS1100
      1997 Ural Sportsman (2-wheel drive)
      1975 Kawasaki F7-175 Enduro

Comment

Inspections

Why does your government feel the need to protect the witless idiots? Because they vote for the long term gangsters that take from those who work and give it to those who won't.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...