No announcement yet.

San Antonio Rally May 25-27 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look in the rallies forum. Start at post #27.....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35222&page=2
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Rally

Dale,

What sort of specifics are you looking for? I am finding it difficult to plan anything other than what I have without knowing who is coming or their needs.

I figure our outline is as follows:

Friday evening 25 May

Early arrivals can come directly to my place 8202 Middle Point in San Antonio where the visiting can begin. If you plan to bring a tent we can accomodate in the backyard (plumbing is indoors). Or you are welcome to pitch a sleeping bag or cot on the floor.

There are several motels/hotels close by if you require more creature comforts.

Holiday Inn Express at 9536 Amelia Pass is only 2 miles away.
      Candlewood Suites 9502 Amelia Pass next door to HIE.
      La Quinta at 9522 Brimhall Rd.

Saturday morning early there will be a pancake breakfast at the house and mild wrenching can begin. Anything that can be accomplished by noon is fair game.

Kickstands up at noon (unfinished work stays behind) and its off to visit Bandera and The Twisted Sisters loop. This 100 mile loop has been rated as #1 in Texas and will rival those in other states too. Its a good 250 mile ride including the loop. We return to the house by 1800 for grilling and relaxing and beverages.

Sunday morning is like saturday and we can plan to ride at 1400 (mostly because I dont anticipate the risers to be getting up as early) this time north towards Boerne, Blanco and Austin. Dinner at Rudy's BBQ in Austin on The Capital of Texas Highway before heading back to San Antonio. (I figure some northbound riders may peel off here)
      (Keoki if you can swing it, we can end up at your place in Austin in the late afternoon and plan to ride out of Austin on Monday morning, I know you know some good rides up there)

If we end up back in San Antonio, Monday you can get your own darn breakfast and meet at the garage. I'm not planning a ride for Monday, we will talk it over and plan it together.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

2 days away............you ready to go?
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Friday night - we are ready!

Bring on the bikes!

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Greg is in gainsville, see ya around 10:30 or so. AM tomorrow that is.
            Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

On my way home. I'm back in Gainsville. Had a really great time in San Antonio too bad more people didn't show up.

Saw someone on an 11bobber in Denton,Tx. He pulled up next to me revved the engine a couple times and took off like a rocket. Anyone here know who that was?
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Some guy was taking pics along the road at Three Sisters and Richard had a link to his website. So I went ahead and bought the download and I'm having a copy sent to me.

Had a great time except for my badly sunburnt nose.

My prize for the longest distance ridden to attend MOM......

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                X