Member Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

member assistance

I have a trailer I built that can be loaded easily by one person, and the bike does not have to be running. I would help ANYONE in the central WI area for gas money. I could probably repair most things, I haven't had a car, bike, or truck in a shop for over 30 years, I do my own. 715-347-3572
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

In my area especially now I'm home most of the time and plus have email on my phone so I get said mail on my phone usually within a pretty short time and could help pretty quickly but don't have a trailer (yet) but have plans to get one a some point here (and add a hitch to the Camaro (yes, it's rated with enough towing capacity to be able to tow a bike on a trailer with no problem.) The only problem is that not all my email goes to my phone anymore, as most goes to my tablet now and it only connects to wifi and my email for here isn't the one attached to the phone, I guess I should change that.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

It would be nice if the membership list could be sorted by geographical area, so that when traveling, a member could print out possible contacts in that area.
        Modeled along the lines of the BMW Anonymous Book, it would be a voluntary thing, so that each member could decide to participate or not, and to what degree of involvement they would be willing the provide if they chose to participate.
        It would take someone with computer skills and access to the site, and some way to secure the obtained info against hackers. Possibly a PM sent to each member, asking if they would be willing to participate in the list. Just asking for participation would probably result in about the same number of responses as the request for map locations garnered. Whereas a personalized request from a trusted member of our community might elicit more responses.
        It's just a thought, but it seems like it would be a beneficial addition to the XS11 group. CZ

Comment

Poprock is open on the north Oregon coast. Trailer, garage, some tools, and a hot line to Geezer. Message & email on the member's list.
          1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I like the map

thing but someone with more skills than I should put a legend in with a colour code for people are willing and able to assist. Maybe green or gold, I don't know I'm just thinking out loud with my fingers.
            mack
            79 XS 1100 SF Special
            HERMES
            original owner
            http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
            SPICA
            http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
            IOTA
            https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
            https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
            Frankford, Ont, Canada
            613-398-6186

Comment

posting here that you can help is fine but a Rider's List really needs to be established and then made permanent on site by making it a sticky...Have the list only accessable to registered members so that no one other than registered members can access the contact info..that means if you're just a visitor here ...you cant access it. I'd like to copy the list they have over at ST-O.com but that would violate the privacy of those listed in a secured forum.
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

"The only problem is that not all my email goes to my phone anymore, as most goes to my tablet now and it only connects to wifi and my email for here isn't the one attached to the phone, I guess I should change that."
                CyWelch

Change that to what??? Smoke signals, megaphones, Pony Express, and Western Union?? You, my friend, are in a serious technological maze.
                "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Possibly the info could be passed onto one of the mods or a trusted member who could provide the info to anyone inquiring. That person would have to be sure the inquiring member would be genuine and then could pass the info along. A message to any members who's info was given out after would also be a good idea so they knew another member was in their area and could be calling. An idea like that could work but of course one rotten apple would spoil the barrel.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                  X