No announcement yet.

Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi OEM and good luck with your new venture.
    BTW, paint must cost less where you are to quote $100 for a paint job.
    Saskatoon retail price for a 1 pint can of single color pigment is $80 with hardener and extender extra.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Cost

You are right, I was thinking / trying to do a service for members at, or even below my cost, not trying to make any money off members at all, in fact, I would lose money (with overhead) even on a Special. I Didn't mean that $ for Standarads as I was just thinking how it is hard to find the right "ONE", color / flake combo for OEM lovers I hate to say, but with the extra standards, colors / steps and strips, I dont know yet what my cost would be, I would help any at cost on a one to one case after knowing what they needed. Anyway, not trying to make a buck, doing fine at my shop, this will be a PIA at cost just to help members, maybe a bad idea after all, but want to help if I can

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
      Hi OEM and good luck with your new venture.
      BTW, paint must cost less where you are to quote $100 for a paint job.
      Saskatoon retail price for a 1 pint can of single color pigment is $80 with hardener and extender extra.
      1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
      1980 XS1100 Special
      1990 V Max
      1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
      1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
      1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
      1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
      1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRon View Post
        Thanks Marty they would not listen to me
        I saw that, so I painted a picture.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100_OEM4ME View Post
          You are right, I was thinking / trying to do a service for members at, or even below my cost, not trying to make any money off members at all, in fact, I would lose money (with overhead) even on a Special. I Didn't mean that $ for Standarads as I was just thinking how it is hard to find the right "ONE", color / flake combo for OEM lovers I hate to say, but with the extra standards, colors / steps and strips, I dont know yet what my cost would be, I would help any at cost on a one to one case after knowing what they needed. Anyway, not trying to make a buck, doing fine at my shop, this will be a PIA at cost just to help members, maybe a bad idea after all, but want to help if I can
          I also am not interested in OEM paint for mine. I am looking to get custom paint done in 2 part in the same color changing type paint (and same colors) as I currently have but so that it's gas resistant and a first class job, and I have more parts that need paint than tank and side covers (trunk lid and sides, saddlebag lids and fairing. But with that I would be interested if it was something you might be able to do, of course shipping the stuff both ways might be an issue as well, but greyhound might work for that.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
          X