Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work!

OK, I am back to work I am the new owner operator of AllStar Auto Painting I am thinking how I might help other members with their bikes. Would there be enough intrest from members for me to find a close reproduction painting process to reproduce the correct colors and flake for OEM paint jobs? What I am thinking is I can do the tank and side covers back to as close to OEM as posabule with the correct underlining flake or what ever paint they came with. The cost would be about $100.00 for a factory like refinish on the tank and both side covers, plus your shipping cost both ways to and from Cape Coral Florida. Any body work or plastic repair would be extra if needed, but I would do it for as cheap a cost as I can. Let me know if there is any intrest
    1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1990 V Max
    1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
    1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
    1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
    1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
    1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Sounds like fun no paint needed here. good luck with the shop
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I might just take you up on that Lon. I have 2 specials that need paint.

I may be in touch.

Congrats and good luck.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Cool

That is cool, If i do this, I wont charge extra for small stuff like dings in tanks and cracks in side covers, just big stuff if needed Just trying to help members, after paint a mat cost + paying my guys, it is about a break even for me, but after haveing a tough time trying to find someone in the past who could do an OEM paint job on a 30 year old Yamaha, well, thought it might help some

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        I might just take you up on that Lon. I have 2 specials that need paint.

I may be in touch.

Congrats and good luck.
        1980 XS1100 Special
        1990 V Max
        1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
        1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
        1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

[QUOTE=XS1100_OEM4ME;after haveing a tough time trying to find someone in the past who could do an OEM paint job on a 30 year old Yamaha, well, thought it might help some[/QUOTE]

Nice idea! The only issue I see would be the decal/graphics like is on the Standards. Their was at one time someone on the Bay that was sellin' the tank graphics for the Venturer for example. They were done on to within 1/1000 of an inch to correct, the pearl white knee section and the gold striping. Don't know if these are even still bein' done or not?
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

stripes

Stripes for tank Fairing and Saddlebags are availiable http://www.reproductiondecals.com/de...tent.html~main
            To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
            1980 G Silverbird
            Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
            1198 Overbore kit
            Grizzly 660 ACCT
            Barnett Clutch Springs
            R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
            122.5 Main Jets
            ACCT Mod
            Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
            Antivibe Bar ends
            Rear trunk add-on
            http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Count me in and what about cowls?
              91 kwaka kz1000p
              Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Sounds like a terrific idea. Soon as I get that Standard tank de-rusted...
                1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Standards

Yes, I was talking about Specials, not thinking about standardsI just had a hard time finding a black with the under, gold / red / blue met to match the Special paint when I painted mine last time (before I owned this body shop), so was thinking of getting as close a I could to help anyone wanting to get their Special back to stock with good 2K OEM looking paint that could resist gas spills The standardes would need many steps and decals to get back to stock, I could do it, but would need to resurch and price if there was a lot of intrest If you take your Special tank and side covers to a good body shop ( and we are really good) You would probably pay twice 100 bucks for strip, prim, color coat and clear. Not trying to make a nickel (would be lucky to break even, if I do this), was just trying to offer a service to members at cost

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Nice idea! The only issue I see would be the decal/graphics like is on the Standards. Their was at one time someone on the Bay that was sellin' the tank graphics for the Venturer for example. They were done on to within 1/1000 of an inch to correct, the pearl white knee section and the gold striping. Don't know if these are even still bein' done or not?
                  1980 XS1100 Special
                  1990 V Max
                  1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                  1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I've seen the Venturer graphics for sale on the 'net (not eBay, although I've seen them there too), but nothing here for the other years. James found a UK vendor for the '78 Standards (their versions used that graphic all the way through), so there's that option if you have a '78. Looks like you're SOL if you have a '79-80 unless you want to pay for custom pinstriping...
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Looks like you're SOL if you have a '79-80 unless you want to pay for custom pinstriping...
                      Nope. Decals for the XS1100G are available.

Reproduction Decals

They have the decals for the fairing and bags, too!
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Yep, and us Vetter kit guys can get all the graphics for them from CraigVetter.com. He even has all the decals for them. It can cost a pretty penny to get it all back, but it's all available.
                        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                        Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                        750 FD Mod
                        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Marty they would not listen to me
                          To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                          1980 G Silverbird
                          Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                          1198 Overbore kit
                          Grizzly 660 ACCT
                          Barnett Clutch Springs
                          R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                          122.5 Main Jets
                          ACCT Mod
                          Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                          Antivibe Bar ends
                          Rear trunk add-on
                          http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

I would be on the paint and stripe in a second as long as shipping was set up to accomodate us further away customers. Sounds to me like a business man would not be able to provide it though and still be in the black. I pay more than that to do it now and yes I would do it. Just wondering how you plan to get the original colors as all attempts so far have failed? But hell yeah ount me in for a job or two.
                            2-79 XS1100 SF
                            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I'm interested in paint, but not OEM.
                              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X