No announcement yet.

Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cuda. Virago 1100 shocks are what you're looking for.
    Talked about in this thread - http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31508
    You might get away with sliding the forks up in the triple clamps, but any more than a little bit may force you to alter the kickstand to let the bike lean a little more safely when parked.
    One more tip - when you have to put the bike up on the centrestand with the shorter shocks, run the rear tyre up on a 1/2" -3/4" thick plank before trying to lift the bike onto the stand. This will negate the effect of the shock change remarkably.
    79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
    Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
    *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
    *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

ahh. Thank everready, that was going to be my next question,do virago 1100 shocks fit ? I saw a pair on fleabay and they looked like they fit. I think I'm gonna have to take the centerstand off because having a special and the pipes aren't upswept anymore, I think that may be a problem. I put Kerker turnouts on it (mufflers). It looks like the centerstand will sit to low when it's up, I'm no speed demon,even in corners(well sometimes),but I am afraid that they may drag.I know the Virago's are 11.5". The problem with this whole thing is,I only need a little, so I don't think it's worth all the trouble,think I'll still go with the seat.(good excuse to get a nice cover on the seat.)anybody know what the proper height for the centerstand is to the ground when its in upright position?
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
      X