No announcement yet.

The Midnight bobber moves a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I wish I had your talent!!! looking good XS11lover.
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Yeah Man! What you did th that MAC looks pretty sweet. Rest of your machine looks good too.
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

It looks great!

New toys are always so much fun!
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

My fenders came today. The front is pretty nice but the back one has a dent. sht. I guess $9.99 was too good to be true. It's not bad for a front fender and a tail light mount anyway. I sent a bitchy email about the dent but now I think, what the heck, He box'd em, sent them, & made $10less ebay fees. I'll take it.
          Time to paint.
          This is the bike when I got it.

What you can't see are the seven coats of spraypaint on a partially missing midnight finish..When I stripped the tank there were stickers in the paint that you couldn't tell were there....and I really didn't like the exhaust, I still don't really. I may end up putting the black set of pipes on it.
          What would look best? black factory? silver factory? Or the cut mac?.,
          I'm sure the factory ones will sound better.
          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
          79 DT 100

Comment

The midnight bobber

I did some work on the bike. The motor is painted and the fins are sanded. I'm starting to like the exhaust a little more. I'm thinking of getting a long seat made for this pan......the solo seat will go on the other bike at some point. Right now I need to work on brakes and controls.

Sorry about the crappy pic, my camera display doesn't work and I can't see the pics until they are on the computer now.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
            X