30th Anniv. memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ralph,

I'm sorry if you're still holding a grudge about that.

Ralph's 30th anniversary patch for the 78E.

The 30th Anniv. patch I worked up and produced.

The first patch doesn't say YAMAHA or have the Tuning Forks Logo, so the patch makers had no problems with making it since it did not infringe on any copyrights.....despite that I learned from Yamaha that they also held copyrights to the XS Eleven NAME, as well as any likeness of their bike????

But when I first submitted my patch to the patchmakers, they stripped away the logo and Yamaha name, both the large one and on the bike tank. That's when I learned I needed the copyright permits for their use, and the "FUN" began.

SO....Bennie, you can come up with a patch design with a picture of an XJ11, use the phrase XJ 1100 and such, and as long as you don't use the YAMAHA name or Tuning Forks LOGO, then you, too, will probably have no problems having them made without getting any copyright permissions from YAMAHA.
    GO FOR IT!!

BTW, these patches are NO LONGER AVAILABLE for sale...all sold out!!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Well Thanks for all the input from everyone...I learned something from this. I may give it a whirl...I am no artist though so I'll have to find a way to have an img of an XJ1100 for them to copy...I wonder if I could add "Maxim" to the XJ1100? Would that constitute a copyright infringement? I have never dealt with this personally...to be cont...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
      X