30th Anniv. memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th Anniv. memorabilia

Looking on Cafe Press i dont see anything commemorating the 30 th anniv. of the 1982 XJ1100...so was that something someone here was planning on doing or am I better left to rely on my own ingenuity? Guess I prolly know the answer to that...
    Was looking for some mugs ,shirts,patches and key chains
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Wheres the love?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Dern Ben.............least wait for W-2's to be mailed.........lol.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Maybe the fellas on XJBikes have something, JAT. Maybe ask Chacal.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Hmmm i seem to recall when the 30th Anniv. Patches that TC had made...involved getting copyrights from Yamaha to use their logo on those patches...so while its possible someone else has a 30 th anniv. commemorating the 1982 XJ1100 is highly unlikely. The wrangling TC went thru to get Yamaha's approval for the 30th Anniv of the XS1100(1978-2008)was a pain to say the least... then having them made was also an exercise in futility,at first.
          Yamaha specified that only one batch of 100 patches could be made initially...
          So I guess the 30th Anniv Patches that TC had made in '08 will be the only commemeration there would be without starting the whole copyright process w/Yamaha all over again...for a patch for the XJ...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Great thing about Cafepress is....You can make your own...upload your own graphics / photos and go to town.
            Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

There was another patch done for the 1980 model year with Yamaha approval. They do have certain standards about how their logo has to appear, and how many they will approve and you have to make sure they know it's not a money making operation, but it can be done in small quantities.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Well there ya go...if it's not a moneymaking operation, why should they give a crap? I say if you want a patch or shirt, go make it. You really think Yamaha is gonna sic their lawyers for something that amounts to free advertising? And for a bike they don't even support in their parts and service chain? That's a stretch. Much ado about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                  Well there ya go...if it's not a moneymaking operation, why should they give a crap? I say if you want a patch or shirt, go make it. You really think Yamaha is gonna sic their lawyers for something that amounts to free advertising? And for a bike they don't even support in their parts and service chain? That's a stretch. Much ado about nothing.
                  Yeah until you are the one being sued for copyright/brand infringement. In these days when SOPA and PIPA is being discussed who would really want to risk it. NOT ME. We have all heard about the little old lady from Pasedena but a lot of us have heard about people who have been in trouble over recording music from sites. Myself I would try the proper route and see if Yammy gives me the OK.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Randy,

The problem is that MOST patch makers that can do this sort of thing with any level of quantity and quality at a decent price are big enough to abide by the COPYRIGHT laws, and they recognize names like YAMAHA and their logos, and will NOT make a patch with them on it UNLESS they have the copyright permissions in hand...they don't want to get sued either!

Perhaps a small local patch shop might overlook the laws seeing that the patches were being made just for a keepsake, not to generate a ton of profits, and so they might make them without the permission...there wouldn't be anything on the patch saying WHERE or WHO made the patch!

I agree that it's a Stupid Policy they(Yamaha) have to not allow more than 100 patches to be made, but that's just how it is!

T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yeah TC I recall the PITA hassle you went thru in order to have 100 patches made...I guess I''l just have to be happy we actually got those...and BTW I am happy about those you had made...the XJ is technically still an XS even if the nomenclature did change...and it was also my feeling that any big printing outfit like cafepress would most likely not infringe upon copyright laws.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yet we have available calendars, tee shirts, mugs, buttons, bumper stickers, thongs even....all with yamahas all over them...it's silly.

Comment

Yeah, but the difference with those is that I didn't use the Yamaha logo on them. That's where TC ran into his problem... using the tuning forks.
                          Most of the stuff available at Cafepress has the XS11.com logo, IIRC.
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

the ones i had made were made by patches 4 less

Comment

no hassle except by people here

Comment

Working...
                              X