No announcement yet.

want to ride-but cant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear your fingers better, I make a living using my hands too and injured fingers suck.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Should have mentioned this earlier.
      Vitamin E oil accelerates healing and helps with minimizing scarring.
      Sometimes you can find it in small bottles, otherwise just pop one of the capsules and squeeze the oil out of it and rub it on.
      Another thing that works for me in healing wounds is the triple antibiotic ointment.
      Good luck.
      Glad you rode the bike, even if it was to it's hibernation cave.
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Your probably young still, wait till you get older and everything hurts all the time, and hope for one thing not to hurt, so if you go riding and that one thing starts to hurt, you'll have something to complain about...lol Getting old sucks...Glad your feeling better, and on a more serious note, be careful, we tend to go through the motions without thinking when we've done something routinely over a long period of time. Work safely!
        81 XS1100H

Comment

Body Repairs

Many on this forum are getting pretty high on the hill and like myself, have recently gone over the top and repairs to the bod start taking a little longer. I cut the tip of my leftindex finger off last September, cleaning up the dead flowers around our house (a directive from my wife). At the time I was the only person home as my wife was in Flagstaff visiting her daughter. Thos pruning shears cut the finger tip off so quick and clean that I first though I had just nicked the finger, then the blood and shorter finger told a different story. After puting on a bandage from as many bandaids as I could find in the medicine cabinet I made my way to the drugstore and got some real bandaids. I found they make some "finger rubbers" that slip over your finger just like a condom and work very well to keep out moisture and dirt after applying a conventional bandaid..Took my finger about three months to return to normal and fully functioning.
          Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

Working...
          X