No announcement yet.

High speed parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I bet it was quick As far as, ahem, leg material goes, I had the same thing happen. When I started looking at the hole in my jeans, I noticed a long shriveled piece of material stuck to the top of the rip. It was the hide that formerly resided on the front of my shin. The worst part was the boots, by the time I got back to my bench, I had blood squirting out the lace holes everytime I took a step. I ended up pitching them. Dang thing took forever to heal. Left a nasty ragged scar, but at least it isn't as bad as the 2 on the other leg, or the one on my hip, oh never mind......

You said the gloves didn't hold up very well? That is something to consider. I wear a pair of goatskin gloves that have cinch straps on them around the wrist. Maybe its time to get some purpose built riding gloves. I feel better with the jacket I got. It has inserts on my elbow, back, and shoulders, but it's still not a top of the line jacket. I guess if I wanted to be safe I'd stay in a cage.
    1979XS1100SF
    K&N's and drilled airbox
    Jardine 4in1
    Dunlop Elite 3's
    JBM slide diaphragms
    142.5 main jets
    45 pilot jets
    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
    750/850 FD mod.
    XV 920 Needle Mod.
    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

For sure

I'm gonna get me a pair of "Draggin jeans" now for sure. I been thinking about 'em for some time. I don't wanna have those kind of issues when I go down. I guess it will be a $100 well spent.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I will be looking into some armored gloves that velcro at the wrist. There are several riding jeans that have some thigh armor. This does remind me of fishing, though. Whenever I get back from fishing, I prepare for the trip I just took. I guess I'm getting ready for the wreck I just had; cling to what worked, and upgrade the areas I was not as ready for.
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

The mesh overpants work well for me, so far! I have NOT "road tested" them, but I do wear them over my "nice" work cloths, and have no problems with wrinkles. I have the type you can zip up on each leg almost to the waist, and they are easy to pull on and off. You can probably get a pair for about $100, as it's "end of season" for summer gear.
          Again, heal fast, we need you to cook for the June ride!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear this, LoHo.
            Hope you get well soon.
            Bob
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Man that really looks baaaaaddd!!! I send every good wish for your swift recovery. Buy the way, was that dumb bit*h on her cell?? I have seen some women in my neighborhood that have that phone in their ear as they drive out of the garage and don't stop talking until they pull into the garage again. I wish that it was legal to painball her head as she drives by!
              Ole Jack
              J.D."Jack" Smith
              1980G&S "Halfbreed"
              1978E straight job
              "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Never a good thing to hear,

especially from some one who I have met personally, and who's pancakes I have eaten! Get healed, get back on yer XS11, and you will qualify to join an organization that I am tempted to join, i.e. "COBB:" Crippled Old Biker Bastards. This is a society of riders who have gone down, brushed themselves off, and gotten back on and kept riding. I am very lucky that my "close encounters" have been of the low speed and relatively minor kind! It's pretty cool to see a biker with a walking stick strapped to the sissy bar.
                Special Ed
                Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Oh yeah,

not sure if it has been asked, (don't have time to go back over previous post,) but I hope that young lady was well insured! Scoot has been bought twice by insurance companies. I am riding a twice totaled bike!
                  Special Ed
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

The VStar was totaled, and when I looked her over, I knew she was a goner. Forks pushed into the starter which pushed into the case, side covers ground off, exhaust tabs broken off with the pipe...more than I want to fool with for a bike I bought to have an instant rider. I will make more efforts with Effing Bee while I'm down, and we'll see what happens. I have three non-op bikes that all have something I'm stuck on, so I should balance my bike Karma by getting one of them back up. At least now I'll be motivated....

Comment

Here are some pics:

Comment

Working...
                      X