High speed parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are vertical

Howdy LoHo,,,Glad you are still with us and vertical,,,,SUE the H out of the moron driver, you deserve every dollar. I guess with some time off, maybe play with the xs to get er going again. With the small fortune you should get, maybe get it going real good. Anyway,,,,best wishes for a good recovery, and 100 percent healing.............Mike in Sun DIego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

With a scratch like that, I bet you wished you coulda blacked out... or was the shock enough to numb it? lol.
      There are only two types of bikers...
      those that have layed it down, and
      those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
      Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Hey Mike...she's 17-year-old student at my school. She just didn't see me.

It's funny; it has only really hurt twice. The fact of how bad it looked as I lay in the road and saw the pool of blood scared me more than it hurt. Then, when the trauma guy lifted it up to see how extensive it was led to my first experience with morphine. It goes almost all the way around, lacking about two inches. The doc kept talking about how close I came to an amputation, but really, only skin is involved.
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

LoHo

Glad you survived . . . albeit with a very likely big scar. Being a young driver she may have looked but did not see you because she was only looking for cars.

Heal quickly!
          1979 F
          Mac 4-2 Exhaust
          T-Kat Fork Brace
          Spade Fuse Box Mod
          Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          140.0 Main Jets
          45.0 Pilot Jets
          266 X-2 Needle Jets

Comment

LoHo, As she IS a student, that says to me that DAD bought her the car, and is responsible for her actions! I agree with Mike, SUE THE OWNER of the car! I know the young lady will NOT forget what happened, and it may, if we are lucky, cause her to be a LOT more careful behind the wheel.
            Hope you heal quickly, and are back at work/school soon.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have more than a couple bad scars on my legs, but that one makes what little hair I have stand straight up. I glad you are going to be ok. That scar is going to be one heck of a conversation piece. You're going to need a zip open panel to show it off though! It would be mighty tough to roll the pant leg up that far!
              1979XS1100SF
              K&N's and drilled airbox
              Jardine 4in1
              Dunlop Elite 3's
              JBM slide diaphragms
              142.5 main jets
              45 pilot jets
              T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
              750/850 FD mod.
              XV 920 Needle Mod.
              Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
              Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Dang, that's one awful looking injury. But like everyone else has said, at least it wasn't worse. I'm glad to see you're still alive and kicking (though, you may have to hold off on any actual kicking for a while). Sending you good vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery.
                -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

LoHo,
                  Glad it wasn't worse and that you're still with us. A speedy recovery to you.
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                  Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                  Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

OMG LoHo that freaks me out...cant magine the pain involved there...Prayers for speedy recovery..I too think daddy big bucks should be held accountable...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You might want to be sure that driver gets a good look at that wound on your leg if she didn't at the scene of that fiasco. Might burn a pretty good memory in there for future "distracted moments"....
                      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Went to harvest personal stuff from the bike:

Comment

Way to get back on your feet!

Bike doesn't look too bad; should buff right out....
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Sorry to hear of mishap. It looks bad for you & bike. Glad to see you on the way to recovery. With your good attitude, I expect you will be back in the saddle soon.
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Your Injury

Hey LoHo, glad to see you are up and around. What happened to you has been in the front of my thoughts here lately. I normally only wear jeans when I ride, but I have personal experince with how little protection they give. I have a scar about 6-7" long on my right shin from the corner of a mold, went right to the bone and took several months to fill back in. My question is if a pair of mesh pants (asphalt armor) would have possible reduced the injury. I have already gotten a jacket, but the pants are definately something I am considering, possibly chaps. If the injury was caused by your skin getting caught on the grip and tearing, then mesh pants might not have helped. Something like that happened to my daughter when she straddled the balance beam during gymnastics practice. Again, glad to see you up and around and with a good outlook on things. Heal quickly.
                              1979XS1100SF
                              K&N's and drilled airbox
                              Jardine 4in1
                              Dunlop Elite 3's
                              JBM slide diaphragms
                              142.5 main jets
                              45 pilot jets
                              T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                              750/850 FD mod.
                              XV 920 Needle Mod.
                              Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                              Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Yeah Tim, I have some leather chaps that I wear when I want to be a badass, but they seem excessive to wear commuting to school. I am not sure whether the grip got me or the mirror peg. The grip had, uh, leg material on it. It was a nano-second event, so I'm not sure what did what to me.

I know this: A full-face helmet, armored jacket, steel-toed boots, and heavy gloves are minimum requirements. My nice calfskin gloves gave up on my left knuckles' and my right glove was pulled off by...something.

Comment

Working...
                                X