What have you run over lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oppossum

Twas about 10 PM in upstate NY near Rochester. Had been to Avon to visit a girl, yes long time ago, and the weather was looking bad so I decided to go home. There was a place where the road went under some rr tracks and the dip was fun at about 60 MPH and left you weightless when you came out. Sicne I was in a bit of a hurry and it was beginning to rain I went through there fast enough to be fun. Not far from the dip the road ended in a "T" on another road right by a farmers house on the right and his barn on the left. Just as my headlight came back down so I could see the road again and as I was still weightless, I saw an oppossum right in front of me. Made a quick change of lane position to miss him and got on the brakes hard as the intersection was comming up fast and the barbed wire fence on the side of that road was not biker friendly. I thought I had it made, but that darn oppossum stepped forward and bam, I went down hard. NY was one of those states requiring helmets and I was visiting from CA where no helmets were required. Normaly my head would not hit the road, but the weight of the helmet caused it to hit and it spun the helmet around on my head nearly wiping my nose right off my face. While skidding along the road looking into the side of my helmet, all I could think of was that barbed wire fence comming up fast. Luckily, the ditch was deep enough to stop my slide. Picked up the bike and straightened things enough to ride it home. When I got there I found I had lost my wallet and had to go back in the rain to find it in the road in front of the farmer's house
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Yesterday I put on my perscription sunglasses for the Easterly ride to school. My normal glasses were in a case in my pants. The flew out on the way to school. I realized it about 10 min later and turned around to go get them. I was really hauling. I found the case and picked it up. When I finally got to school, I opened up my case to switch out glasses. There was nothing in there. Oh sh**. I called my dad and woke him up. he rode his bicycle down and found them. They were completely flat. Because I just got them, my lenscrafters lady replaced them for free.
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Hows this for odd? I built this tailpiece for my XS, mounted to the back of the seat. had the brake / Tail lights in it as well as the turnsignals and license plate mount. Removed the rear fender, I was liking it. I posted a pic somewhere around here...I can't remember where. anyway, the other day, it kind of came apart and I ran over my tail light and my license plate. so I would have to say the strangest thing I have run over is my own license plate. took about an hour and a half to flatten it back out...still looks like crap! have a nice day and ride safe.
        I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Working...
        X