I fixed the weather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fixed the weather!

Saskatoon's daytime temperatures have been hitting the 30+ºC level and us poor folks with no A/C have been sweltering sleepless in our beds at night.
    So yesterday evening my wife and I went to Canadian Tire and bought a portable air conditioner.
    With struggle and sweat we got the thing into our bedroom and up and running at ~10pm, set it to 68ºF and slept in the blessed coolness.
    This morning it's mebbe 20ºC and the rain is lashing down my windows.
    There's a lesson to be learned here, eh?
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

I got my AC fixed, and it just got hotter... Glad you found some relief from the heat though!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

There's a lesson to be learned here, eh?
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

My A/C won't even cycle off in the daytime! Really hate summer electric bills. Glad to hear you and the Mrs. got you some comfort though! If I converted correctly it's gonna top 40 degrees C (106F) here again today.
        Richard
        '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
        '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

I feel ya Richard.

I don't have central air in my place, just 3 window units. They weren't working worth a crap so I cleaned the condensers on all of them. Nice and cool now.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thank God for A/C! Heat indices say it feels like 115 with the heat and humidity. Love our central A/C...couldnt live here without it.
            1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
            2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

just got central air in my house for the first time in my life and just in time! record heat today! ride safe ,,slow mo!
              The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
              moemcnally@hotmail.com
              i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

fix it again!

fred its broken again...

john
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                  fred its broken again...

john
                  Sure is...

The view from my front window right now...

1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                  2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

GEEZE.........Snow in July!

Can't say I've never seen it here because I have up in Montana. I've also seen 80º F in december.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I used to live in Oklahoma. It got up to 72 here yesterday.
                      1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

40+ days of triple diget temp in Texass so far. It ain't even august.
                        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
                          40+ days of triple diget temp in Texass so far. It ain't even august.
                          August aint even looking good, still showing 100's all next week for us. We did have a brief rain shower the other night to bring us up to .4 of an inch for the whole summer!
                          Richard
                          '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                          '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Working...
                          X