No announcement yet.

What a rip-off!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality of it is, they have a service to offer. No where elese I know of will you reach as broad of an audience for your goods or services. So, they demand a fee. You just have to set your pricing of your parts accordingly. It is very high and it does suck. But then, craigslist only reaches so many folks, typically only local. So your pricing is limited as your number of buyers goes down drastically.

Honestly, it is truly the law of supply and demand and good ole fashion capitalism at work. I don't like the fee, but then, I can't blame them for asking for it. If enough business drops off, they will lower the fee, until then, it will probably go up again. It may be there way of limiting the size of the servers and traffic they have to pay for.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
      Cy,

Is that the yard that is always on Craig's list looking for parts?
      Might be, it's Rancho Motorcycle Recycling. They say they will get parts from other places, but they add a fee onto the price of the part, it's almost always cheaper to find the other place on ebay (most of them are on there now) and buy direct.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

ebay

not only ebay robbs you of your profits, the postal services does the same,also paypal charges you to receive money. just give it away is what it boils down to. i have sorta got use to it. what else can you do. $$$$= sorry governing. ive been robbed again. happens dailey, now days.
        79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          Reality of it is, they have a service to offer. No where elese I know of will you reach as broad of an audience for your goods or services. So, they demand a fee. You just have to set your pricing of your parts accordingly. It is very high and it does suck. But then, craigslist only reaches so many folks, typically only local. So your pricing is limited as your number of buyers goes down drastically.

Honestly, it is truly the law of supply and demand and good ole fashion capitalism at work. I don't like the fee, but then, I can't blame them for asking for it. If enough business drops off, they will lower the fee, until then, it will probably go up again. It may be there way of limiting the size of the servers and traffic they have to pay for.
          Well said!
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by SFSPECBIKER79 View Post
            not only ebay robbs you of your profits, the postal services does the same,also paypal charges you to receive money. just give it away is what it boils down to. i have sorta got use to it. what else can you do. $$$$= sorry governing. ive been robbed again. happens dailey, now days.
            Hmmm...Seems to me that profits are considered after expenses. If postal service and Ebay, Paypal, etc are part of doing business then they did not cut into any of your profits. If your profits were based before expenses the shame is on you not Ebay, who has the coverage for me to find what I need and usually when I need it. As a buyer I also suffer the fees and the sellers need to profit, which usually produces the storefront we all now know and hate.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
            X