Looking for xs1100 special shop manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.C.,
    Thanks for the good advice concerning my rebuild project. I was thinking about going out beyond a cleanup bore. I'll look into getting a kit from Wiseco. I'm wondering about the rod and main bearings. I hate to tear into the lower end but I don't want to do a lot of work on the top end and then blow the thing up either. Do you think that Wiseco would have the lower end bearings as well?
    Thanks again,
    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Good
      Do you think that Wiseco would have the lower end bearings as well?
      Thanks again,
      Greg
      Greg, I'm not sure, but I think Wiseco just does top end stuff. I got all main and rod bearings from Zanotti Motors a few years back. Fast shipping and good pricing. Email or call, speak to John, tell him it is an internet order and you should get a discount. Bearings come in 5 sizes (I think, it's been a while) determine which size by numbers stamped on the crank and on either the rod or the engine case. Might still have part numbers here, but I doubt it.
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

It happens!!!!

When I was 15 my best friends dad hit a cage that pulled out in front of him and it killed him and the driver. He rode a Guzzi, Don't remember the cage, seemed like it was big tho.
        Garry
        '79 SF "Battle Cat"
        outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

if you arelooking for a manual you are better of trying to get a haynes manual,i have one and also a clymer,and i find the haynes one better,you might get one of ebay

Comment

Lately, there's been a company from Seattle selling manuals by Cycleserv Publications. There's one available now here I bought one to add to my collection and can advise it appears to be almost a word for word reprint of the genuine Yamaha service manual that I also bought a while back. The Cycleserv book is published in Australia and actually has a bit nicer colour emphasis in some of the diagrams than the Yamaha original. No connection, YMMV, yada yada, yada ....
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
            X