Looking for xs1100 special shop manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for xs1100 special shop manual

I'm Looking for xs1100 special shop manual. I want to rebuild my motor but don't want to start without a shop manual.

e bay

lots of them on ebay .....MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

I saw that Ebay offered some but I concerned about how complete they are (how much detail).

Comment

Clymers

My cousin got one at Canadian tire a CLYMERS, it has pretty well all the info u should need , also welcome to the site. There is a lot of info and good people here that will help if they can . Where are u from ?>>>>>mitch
        Doug Mitchell
        82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

Thank you for the "welcome" Mich. I'm in Southern California. The bike has been in the family for a long time. My dad was killed on it 7 years ago. It sat in my garage for 3 years before I got to the point that I could put it back together again. I've been on it for 4 years now. The odometer is at 92k and it just dosn't run like it used to. I'm thinking of going trough it and building the top end to make it a little stronger than it was when my dad first got it. It was amazingly strong many years ago.

Comment

motor

Ya know it might be cheaper to just drop in a used motor with a lot less ks on it,and keep urs for parts or then take your time and rebuild it at ur leisure......MITCH
            Doug Mitchell
            82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

I can take my time. I store my brothers xs11 in my garage and he has said that I can use his while mine is down. Your making a good point, I probably could find a low milage motor if I looked around. It's been a long time since I've built a motor, I'm kinda looking forward to the journey and the results.

Comment

OK

Cool i understand, sorry about ur dad, i got broke up bad in 1973, a cage run a red light and i t- boned him . Two broken legs 2 broken arms dislocated shoulder and a broken collar bone. Still bikin and im 51, Watch out for the other guy, take care ....MITCH
                Doug Mitchell
                82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

Mitch, Where are you located?

Comment

Canada

East coast of Canada New Brunswick. Check out my rally page August run 2004. has pics etc, of the campground.Also links to local info.....MITCH
                    Doug Mitchell
                    82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

Mitch, I'm new to this. How do I get to your Rally site?

Comment

rallys

go to the left of the front page and click on rallies find the maratime august rally 2004 click on it then there is a link in that message posted br Bill to go to the web page.....MITCH Ps. we should be using the private message board to talk . click on private message on the front page ok.
                        Doug Mitchell
                        82 XJ1100 sold

Comment

Rebuilding Topend

Hey there Greg,

Welcome to the group!

Some points to know, you won't be able to do a basic mild oversize pistons and rings rebuild, cause Yamaha doesn't support this engine very much. You'll need to get a big bore kit, either 1179 or 1196cc, made by Wiseco, they run around $400.00 and provide rings, pistons, wrist pins, keepers, and oversize head gasket!

With that many miles you may need to replace your cam chain. You'll want to redo your valves, and seals. If you're running stock intake and pipes then you may not need to rejet! While you've got the engne apart might as well replace the clutch friction plates and springs. How's your first and second gear behaving? With the engine out of the frame, you can do the gear fix now before it starts acting up to save you a second partial tear down and getting into the tranny case, you'll find info about it in the tech tips under 2nd gear fix.

I did the topend on mine a couple of years ago after it sat unprotected for 9 years!! You'll like the big bore!!! HTH.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Re: Looking for xs1100 special shop manual

Originally posted by Greg Good
                            I'm Looking for xs1100 special shop manual. I want to rebuild my motor but don't want to start without a shop manual.
                            Try these people: Cycle Manuals Inc. Never dealt with them, so can't offer any recommendations one way or another.

Also, lister Rob Mills has compiled a CD with manuals for the XS and XJ as well as parts fiches and assorted other helpfull files. Check with him for pricing and availablility.
                            Brian
                            1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                            1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                            remembering the same thing!

Comment

Dang MITCH

Your bike really tore up that guy in the cage:

a cage run a red light and i t- boned him . Two broken legs 2 broken arms dislocated shoulder and a broken collar bone

all that to the guy in the cage....by the way did it scratch your bike much????lol

Bro I hear you I went down in 1985 for 6months in and out of the hospital in Harbor General UCLA med center...hazards of drinkin and driving....so now I have a mighty XS1100 and just fly instead...course stopped drinkin long time back also....
                              Terry O'Donnell
                              81SH "BullDozer"
                              Holy Riders Motorcycle Ministries
                              [URL]www.holyriders.com[/URL]
                              [URL]www.groups.yahoo.com/group/HRMC/[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X