Has "spring" sprung in your area yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
    They are dumping the reservoirs right now for just that eventuality.
    Yep, regular reports locally of the river levels and what they are expected to be, especially since we have well over the normal snow pack. They did announce officially that the drought is over. Like those if us that are not at the state agency hadn't already figured that out?
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

officially that the drought is over.

Cy,
      If you read between the lines there it means that they can go ahead and push the peripheral canal they have been wanting to build for so long.
      Kiss the California Delta good by after that one.
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
        Cy,
        If you read between the lines there it means that they can go ahead and push the peripheral canal they have been wanting to build for so long.
        Kiss the California Delta good by after that one.
        Except the federal regs have specified minimum water flow levels that MUST be maintained in the delta no matter what. So all that means is if there is extra water is that we won't get any of it, they want to ship it all south and make us have to ration water while they don't. All the more reason to split the state. I'm tired of being told what to do by them while we provide them with all of OUR resources because they don't have any of their own.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Yeah, minimum flow to the Feds mean the river doesn't flow backwards. What we have right now is what it needs out there. Has to have enough of a flow to clear out the salt intrusion and kill of the weeds.

I have spent a lot of my life out there and I can tell you this is badly needed every few years.

I have been fishing out there and caught Starry Flounders within a hundred yard of the Rio Vista bridge. Folks that is a saltwater fish a long way from the ocean.

Sort of got this thread hijacked here I guess. Sorry guys....
          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

finally

finally southern Ontario has solid signs of spring! its April 9th and a warm sunny day, my enthusiastic neighbors are out tending to the lawns NOT me i,m wondering where to go to burn off my tank of winter gas! enjoy your day and ride safe ,,slow mo!
            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Ah Hell, don't talk to me about spring. I have put about 1100 miles on the little dragon already this year, dodging water, mud, puddles and ice. And that dodging part was just in my driveway, the rest of the road has not been all that bad.

Until yesterday, I finally figured the driveway was in good enough shape to get the Fire Dragon out for a spin and after a couple of bad moments made it out to the road. Got about a hundred miles and on the way home I found a piece of road that someone had left out and nailed it HARD! Blew the left fork seal right out of the pocket and sprayed oil all over everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it home and took the little dragon the fifty miles to the nearest bike shop and picked up a set of seals for her. All I could get were them unsufferable Vesrah headaches but they will have to do for now, nice day today and I am stuck in the Dragons Lair replacing parts. What a pain!
              The Old Tamer
              1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Still waiting for my rutty drive way to dry enough to drag and level. Another couple days should do it. Then my bikes will stretch their legs! Yaaa, I get a few weeks ridding b/4 my back surgery!!

Deny
                Last edited by DenyP; 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM.
                1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

There's not much snow left around here now. All the houses with south facing front yards are completely snow free and the grass is beginning to color. Most trees are budding and the birds are busy. Biking weather is here again :-)
                  Rob
                  KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                  1978 XS500E
                  1979 XS1100F Restored
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  1981 Suzuki GS1100
                  1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                  1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

15C and sunny in Calgary! Perfect day to open the garage door, let the warmth in and work on the bike. I say this from work where I will be till 10pm
                    But all the snow should be gone by the end of the week, and maybe the bike will be ready.

Bob
                    1979 XS1100F

Comment

83 Today!

83 in No Il today!
                      (& SO Wi).
                      Had a nice cruise & then sat in sun & read the Sunday paper.

Shorts & t shirt! Wow!
                      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
                      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Game On !

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                        Hi BDF,
                        How did the ride go? I took the cage to Hamilton to day. Saw 2 bikes
                        Penalty for living NORTH is Spring comes later.
                        Phil
                        Two rides so far first one was 400km the following day was 250km.
                        The new gear is working great, warm and dry. It's going to need more breaking in, feels like I'm in a space suit right now because everything is stiff and new.
                        BDF
                        I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Working...
                        X