No announcement yet.

any one in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another one has turned up in the uk silk?looking good for a good gettogether in the summer,cannot remember how many of us there are in the uk?

Comment

Yeh, I'm like the spanish inquesition. No1 expects me to turn up :-)

btw piccy now available @
      1 sad XS1100LG

Havent started ion it yet as its been fffreezin

Comment

UK XS riders

And there's me Andy Pugh (fat, bald, ugly looking bloke) in sunny Swindon.

There's still hundreds of XS11's out there in the UK. Good, bad, rat, triked etc, etc. I've seen at least one at every rally or meeting I've ever been to.

Trying to get XS11's and their owners together is the problem.

There's also a huge following over on the continent. Save up your pennies and get yourself over there. Next annual XS11 meet is in June in North Germany (I'll post more details when I get them).
        The ferry from Harwich to Hamburg is about £120 for rider, bike and shared cabin. Then it's a ride of less than 100 kms.
        I've been for the last 9 years and we've always been made very welcome.

If you're up for it, let me know.

If you got any ideas for meet ups in the UK, share them with us.

Cheers,

Andy
        If you can't afford it....finance it!!

Comment

i do hope we can choose who we share a cabin with as a fat ugly bald bloke is not my cup of tea?but up to now iam up for that there trip,i was hopeing for a gettogether in the uk sometime in april or early may at a central point that will appeal to every one in the uk,so can we start having some input on this for a date(not when wsb.bsb.motogp is on please) so lets start thinking,

Comment

Float them over

I have a great rally going on in August Im as close as i can get to you on this land mass come on over!!!!!!!! MITCH
            Doug Mitchell
            82 XJ1100 sold
            2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
            2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
            1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
            47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

European Rally

Hiya Scoobes,

for the German rally why don't you offer the use of your stable of XS's to our friends across the Atlantic. Normal rates would apply, of course, bubble gum and PX chocolate.

I've just booked my ferry crossing so there's at least two fat Brits going over !

Brian.
              Brian
              XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
              Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

how come you have booked so early?give us all the details,what time ?how much? were from?and any info that can help me.are you up for a meet in april or may.

Comment

European Rally 2004

Mike Farnworth's xs1100.co.uk site now has basic details about the rally.

This'll tell you the rally is the weekend of 18-20 June in Northern Germany - er, that's all the info you need to book up now.

I did some research thru the RAC european routefinder and quickly decided to get there by ferry.

DFDS Seaways do an overnight ferry from Harwich (close to Felixstowe) to Cuxhaven (North Germany), travel there Thursday night returning Sunday night.

I'm booked and raring to go but can't wait till June so I'm up for a ride before then, anyone got ideas for a UK meetup ?

Brian
                  Brian

Comment

i would go to the waterman pub again plenty of car park,easy to get to off the motorway,but it is not up to me it up to every one as we are all over the country,are you going over with andy and mike to germany.i do know that there is some interest from other people who read this forum.

Comment

European Rally 2004

Hi Scoobes, (and anyone else who's thinking about going to the German rally).

The Harwich to Cuxhaven ferry only goes once every two days so I reckon we'll be on the same ferry.

If anyone wants to come along they should contact Mike Farnworth via XS1100.co.uk 'cos it's nominally an 'invite only' do.

Anyone want me to talk them into coming along ?
                      Brian

Comment

hey lamric the ferry is a bit slow then,but put germany on hold for a min,give us some input for a uk meet in april or may,we have had an offer from er?someone any way to use there garden for our meet must have a big garden and car park then,i think that would be ok he must have a good barby,what do you recon

Comment

Scoobes,

That's very generous of him. Mines a Scrumpy Jack and double cheeseburger........burp!

Does he do B&B as well?

Cheers,

Andy

PS Mike's given me a load of other names of XS riders.
                          If you can't afford it....finance it!!

Comment

Sounds good to me too. Soon as possible please, I can smell that BBQ smoke already.

Just let me know where and when - I'll be there.

Brian.
                            Brian

Comment

right then back to the original thread
                              we have now in the uk
                              SILK
                              THUMPER
                              YAMMAYEEHA
                              UK1.1
                              GAZ
                              DAVE CROSS
                              BLAISE
                              STUART
                              LAMRIC
                              and me;
                              as a few of you know that i have spoken to there is a bit of interest in a get to gether in either april or may,looking at the calender for biking events (wsb,bsb,motogp) sunday april 11th,or sunday may 9th,all we need now is a place to meet that is central for everyone,so can we have your suggestions please.If i have missed anyone out iam sorry so let me knowif i have.

Comment

Sorry but count me out. This LG is just to heavy for me ( Although it goes really well) and is going on e-bay tomorrow. If anyone is interested its a 1980 LG taxed and mot'd till end of march. Offers - PM me or e-mail Silk@7th-med.com
                                Last edited by Silk; 02-16-2004, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X