No announcement yet.

vetter mounting bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo, I bought the bike two weeks ago (as we previously discussed).

I was in the process of composing a pm to you when my computer crashed. What ever happened destroyed the boot sector of the hard drive. I installed an other hard drive complete with Windows and the boot sector of that drive was destroyed.

Long story short it took me just over a week to get my computer operational.

After all of that, I couldn't get into xs11.com. It has taken me until today to get back on the site.

The fairing and windshield look really good. There is some road rash? on the plastic edge trim on both sides of the fairing, but there are no cracks or damage to the plastic what-so-ever.

There is a tare in the left compartment cover and the cover should be replaced.

Here is a link to some pics I took the day after bought the bike. It was sitting in an uncovered trailer on my driveway (now covered). I have not been able clean the fairing (snow and sub, sub freezing temps). I brushed it off and took some pics in the middle of a whiteout.

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/z...aha%20Fairing/

I already have complete Vetter package (fairing, bags and trunk) or I would keep this one myself (I am sorely temped).

Take a look at the pics and let me know what it is worth to you.

Thanks, David
    1981 XS1100 Special
    Previous Bikes
    1999 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1500
    1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1100
    1982 Honda CB900c
    1984 Honda vt750 Shadow. My son's bike now.
    1984 Honda vt500 Shadow

Comment

vetter fairing mounts

Back to the original question:
      Veter mounts were made to fit specific cycle models. Any vetter fairing will fit any mounts, but the mounts are all different.
      Mounts for xs1100 are hard to find. And, if you are trying to fit 1 that came from a Honda,etc, it won't be a bolt on fit.

Hope this helps. I have mounts for xs750 & Gs1100 &cb750. They're all different from the xs1100 mount.

Good Luck!
      PS: many of the vetter mounts have the bike make & model stamped into them somewhere
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Tis is the part number on the bracket for my XS
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

According to Craig Vetter, while some of the mounts are marked, most are not9 and it's not even with in a line, so he says if it's not in the original box, the only way to know what it fits is to know what it came off of.

That or have another one that you do know what it's for to compare to.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

thanks for all the comments ! i just got a vetter fairing with shield /lowers and radio /with the right bracket! thanks all ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Vetter mount

Hi all.
              New to this forum, so far the information has been great.
              I have an '83 XJ 750.
              I am looking for directions and measurements to fabricate a mount for the Vetter fairing I bought. Hope some one on here can help me out or steer me in the right direction.
              I believe ( hope)the frames of the XS and XJ are very close.
              Thanks all. Hugh

Comment

Working...
              X