No announcement yet.

Back in the saddel again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“the upside is, nobody got hurt and you are up ten grand on the deal.
    Be happy.
    Take the clever lady out for a very nice dinner at the poshest place in town.”

Aye lad, would that the $10,000 were in my pocket! But in the mean time:
    Scotty me lad, c'mon up! The weathermen say we are into clear sky's for the next week. You have a roof and food guaranteed. Also I'm reasonably sure that the amazing Grace will be glad to see you.
    She is house setting a really remarkable piece of property overlooking Monterey Bay.
    Special Ed
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Ed, I just finished dinner after a fun ride back home against the wind. Playing dodge ball with dancing trucks in the wind for 300 miles is fun.

Depending on what broke here at home while I was gone I'll head up north tomorrow or Wednesday.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Ed View Post
        - - - Aye lad, would that the $10,000 were in my pocket! - - -
        Hi Ed,
        some would say that ten grand that you no longer have to pay a finance company is better than ten grand in your pocket because you can't spend it foolishly.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Whatever happened to "I am so glad I discovered bicycle riding"?
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
          X