No announcement yet.

Bike work stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really really want to make something that will allow you to spin your bike in your garage and do it safely, I would recommend that you make or buy a regular bike lift and place it on a large DIA floor platform that is a thin as it can be made, that can be rotated on the floor. Same as they use in bike / car shows but much thinner. You would of course have ot get used to NOT TIPPING on its edge every time you approch the bike lift. A better option would be to replace the wheels on a regular bike lift with high quality lockable wheels with bearing so the whole lift can be moved easily and positioned as you see fit.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

well as much as i pains me, I have decideda new rout. So for npw, I have decided just to put some rolles on a piece of board with something to stabalize the bike to spin it, and as for the work stand, just build a box. This rout is acctuallly costing me more due o paying for the casters lol! everything else I am gettinf from scrap
      There are only two types of bikers...
      those that have layed it down, and
      those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
      Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Working...
      X