Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electrical help!!! (on a car, but still, help if you can)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice M Mike. I was thinking there has to be some sort of capacitor involved here. Power with switch off, but only for five seconds. Fan generating and backfeeding is a very interesting thought, sort of a capacitor.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

manager mike and dgxser! good thoughts, i'll pass those along, he does have an electrical fan, it has it's own switch in the dash, as he will only run it when the engine heats up (stop and go traffic and such) as with the wide open grill the engine should have enough air to stay cool...
      1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Originally posted by 1st bike View Post
        manager mike and dgxser! good thoughts, i'll pass those along, he does have an electrical fan, it has it's own switch in the dash, as he will only run it when the engine heats up (stop and go traffic and such) as with the wide open grill the engine should have enough air to stay cool...
        Fan existence established. Again if I'm right, having the fan off before shutting down the engine should eliminate the symptom. Even if I'm barking up the wrong tree (remote diagnosis is seldom fruitful) that fan should still be on a relay circuit, controlled by a coolant temp switch in the water outlet. If manual control of the fan is preferred (can't imagine why) the manual switch should still be operating a relay and not the fan directly.
        '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Just a thought

My buddy just got a car starter put in his car, and now it stays on till you open, then shut the door... anything put in after market could be having the same effect too...
          There are only two types of bikers...
          those that have layed it down, and
          those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
          Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

manager mike is the big winner! sorry for the lapse, he was out of town, and my wife an i had a baby, so have been out of the loop for a minute, but it was the fan....thanks so much!
            1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Congrats man, cheers! I got my second on the way... They are awesome
              There are only two types of bikers...
              those that have layed it down, and
              those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
              Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

Congratulations on the new baby and glad I could help, as I said in my first post, I'd seen it before. My only one is 12 years old and I got a late start at that! Wish kids came with a manual or at least a clymers version
                '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Working...
                X