New in box xs1100 standard exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
    Looks like the seller may get more for 1/2 the exhaust system then he will for the whole bike LOL. Says 150 to ship which is over and above 600.00 some odd dollars that is currently bid on the exhaust.
    Rob
    My mistake. The text says it's a full system less a few small parts.

Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Finished at $ 1566.69 USD.. + $ 150 shipping

Someone wanted it bad ...
      1980 SG - "Blue Balls"

Complete Restoration - Finished June 21/2010

- 1179 kit
      - 80/81 carbs 42.5/115 mains with XS pods
      - Mac 4 into 1 exhaust
      - Venture auto CCT
      - progressive fork springs - no air
      - Mike's progressive rear shocks
      - Galfer S.S. Brake Lines
      - XSDirect - Black Coils
      - 8 mm S.S. Core Plug Wires
      - T.C. fuse box
      - TKat fork brace
      - Geezer regulator
      - Battlax BT45 V-Rated tires
      - 5W40 - Rotella T6 Synth Engine Oil
      - rest of bike is "good old Yamaha"

Comment

Bad

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
        Finished at $ 1566.69 USD.. + $ 150 shipping

Someone wanted it bad ...

Yep.. Reaaal Baaad!!
        78 XS1100E Standard
        Coca Cola Red
        Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
        http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

If the original 1978 cost is inflation adjusted, it is probably very close to what current retail would be. As I recall, the complete system I have (everything including flanges, clamps and gaskets) cost about $600 back then. Nothing economical about visiting the Yamaparts department :-0
          Sure it's gonna make some noise, there's GAS exploding in there!

Comment

So did you get it? Foreda
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

Bid

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
              So did you get it? Foreda
              I did bid but I did not need them that bad! I have an almost perfect set on my 79 and thought about buying this one for my 78 but quit when it went to 1200. I have new old stock Hooker on my 78 that looks really good and I also have a brand new set of Jardine mufflers on the shelf for a backup. I am sending the spaghetti headers to get JetHot coated next week so I 'll have virtually a new set. I bought a set of MAC 4 in to 2 for the project I am building right now.
              FYI to all> I have a used set of Jardine mufflers (just the mufflers) that I will probably sell. I'll post some pics in a couple of days. I would rather see someone from here get them before I place on ebay.
              78 XS1100E Standard
              Coca Cola Red
              Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yamanatic View Post
                If the original 1978 cost is inflation adjusted, it is probably very close to what current retail would be. As I recall, the complete system I have (everything including flanges, clamps and gaskets) cost about $600 back then. Nothing economical about visiting the Yamaparts department :-0
                It actually might be a bargain, I just went to a 20% off online Yamaha OEM parts dealer and priced out a complete set for my 99 Venture and it came to $1,945.07
                Russ Neal
                Milton, NH
                04 GL1800 ABS
                04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
                99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
                80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
                83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
                80 XS1100G(Sold)
                81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by rneal55555 View Post
                  It actually might be a bargain, I just went to a 20% off online Yamaha OEM parts dealer and priced out a complete set for my 99 Venture and it came to $1,945.07
                  And some of you say Harley parts are expensive......
                  Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                  '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                  '82 XJ rebuild project
                  '80SG restified, red SOLD
                  '79F parts...
                  '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                  '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                  '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                  '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                  Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                  Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Sorry

i dont beleave it, someone paid that much for those pipes, these bikes are ok but they aint no way worth that kind of money.
                    1979 xs1100 f
                    142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
                    floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
                    1978 gl 1000 goldwing
                    1981 gl 1100 goldwing
                    !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
                    when ya get bucked off, get back on

Comment

Full circle, and back to the value of the bike opposed to the individual parts. Food for thought: Earlier this year I sold a very nice and 100% stock (except for oil, plugs, filters and tires) low mileage XS1100E for $5400. Granted, the buyer was not in the USA, but in our worldwide economy the value of any given machine should reflect international interest.

Thje 1978 Standard was produced in high numbers, but virtually all saw substantial use and modification; nice stock "E's" are rare indeed. Look at the CB750 Honda, or to a lesser extent Z1's. An unbelieveably nice '69 CB750 Sandcast recently went for over $40K - who'da thought? A similar 1970 CB is worth about 1/10 that, and later ones barely pull over a grand. Relatively, a genuine 1969 NOS Honda exhaust is worth far more than a whole bike of later years.

The XS11 was Yamaha's milestone BIG-4, and the first year model came in just under the onset of the major EPA changes. Unlike the CB750 (not to mention others), Yamaha got it right on the first try. The bikes were "King o' The Hill" fast right out of the box, and used bike inventories at the YamaDealer soared with lots of trade-ins of the other brands; one twist of the wrist on the demo XS11 sealed the deal :-) They could be overloaded with every touring tidbit possible, and they could still would cruise comfortable at 100+ mph. They were extremely smooth, and the most stable handling big scoot on the market; and they were priced right!

My recommendation is to seek out as clean and original an XS11E as you can find, make it stock (if it isn't), and watch it climb in value and collectability. This is a much surer bet than any Stock Market investment, and you have a tangable asset that is a treat to ride! The second XS11 to look at is the Midnight Special; I am in the hunt for one right now, and will pay a premium for an unmolested cosmetically exceptional scooter to keep my '78 company. Also, after looking at a number of the Black Beauties, it seems Midnight exhausts in perfect condition are a bit of a Holy Grail too. I would buy an NOS exhaust first at a similar price, and search a bike to bolt it on second, wink wink...

Best part about many of these early 4 bangers is that decent riders can be had for cheap, and parts bikes even less; what a great series.

Just my opinion; your results may vary.

Cheers,
                      Warren

Comment

I know a guy with a 1980 midnight 7,800 miles not more than 30 miles from me looking to sell. Let me know if you want his email.
                        GW
                        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                        79 DT 100

Comment

Hey GW,

Thanks for the heads-up! I would really appreciate the contact info, and be glad to help you with anything my way too. The only issue is the distance, as I live in Western Arkansas now; just moved here from Wisconsin.

Hey, where there's a will there's a way, and I would hate to pass on that "Special" machine :-). If you want to give the seller my eMail addy too, it is: web_sc0ut@yahoo.com That's web_sc0ut with an underscore and a zero; confusing, but with my fat fingers it works great!

Cheers,
                          Warren

Comment

Working...
                          X