Think Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
    Can't see how it does much good to talk about it...

So how's about's we don't.
    A-frickin-Men!!!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

+1

Pat-Very well said.

Tim-Thank you, very few know the part I played and I am not at liberty to divulge more info. Prom can tell you if he wishes. I have seen people directed to both sites from the other when it would help.

Brian-The bit**en on .org happens simply because it is allowed.

79XS11F- I agree and will leave it at that

Others- If you need help I will direct you to the best person, just like Prom has and many others from both sites. The best person may be someone nearby that can come over and help or the best I know in that field. This us against them is petty and not what this forum was created for.

I gotta leave now as I promised a newbe I would help him.
      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

It's a pitiful man that needs someone else's recognition to justify his self-worth.

Comment

Alright just calm down now. I think we need to ban that question,
          I just keep walking into these threads thinking they are going to be motorcycle topics.
          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
          79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
            To the sympathizers of .org, whose 'founders' are noisily claiming the moral 'high ground'...

... ask them where they got their 'shim library'...
            How about I just ask you how they got it? Tell me, I don't know.

Way too much bitchin between the sites. As Pat said, both are resourses for us idiots that don't know...
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

The lineage of the shim library

It's all there, you just gotta know how to look it up:

It began with 'Maximan' Cody.

Who passed it to John.

Who passed it to WilKat.

Who passed it to Randy.

Who passed it back to 'Maximan' Cody.

That should be closure enough.

Hey, how about them bikes?

Comment

I think we need to ban that question
                Isn't that how this mess all got started?
                79SF
                XJ11
                78E

Comment

Wasn't aware of this split. Maybe due to spending most of my time lately with the Honda. Have definitely noticed a change in the site postings however. Gonna go check out XS11.org right now for the first time. I have no time or interest in some stupid feud. And my Memorial Days will still be spent at XS East......
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

Uhm... let me post this again in case some of ya missed it the first time:
                    Can't see how it does much good to talk about it...

So how's about's we don't.
                    Funny thing... ya know, when I sort of politely ask something... I'm not really asking. (if ya know what I mean)

Hell... I know how some people are, so... to avoid confusion and before things get out of hand, I might as well throw in this from another thread:
                    If you have any questions, or wish to express an opinion about this site and how it is run, please contact me using the Private Message system that this site provides.
                    (sadly, some people were confused by that, too)
                    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

So, what are you like the grand high exalted mystic ruler here? You make all the rules?

Yep, sumptin' like that.
                      Last edited by prometheus578; 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty57chevy View Post
                        So, what are you like the grand high exalted mystic ruler here? You make all the rules?
                        If you have a question about that read what he had quoted in his last post. You were able to sign on you should be able to figure out how to contact prometheus578 . He will be happy to answer any questions you have.
                        BDF Special
                        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Can't we all just get along?
                          Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                          Owner of:
                          1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                          140 mains
                          45 pilot jets
                          Floats at 24mm
                          Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Originally posted by smitty57chevy View Post
                            It's a pitiful man that needs someone else's recognition to justify his self-worth.
                            Just about sums up those that were banned. Anyone's welcome to ask questions there, just be willing to be berated by those there about your inexperience and their opinion on the worthyness of your question before you get a decent answer. My opinion is that it's not much of a loss and this site is better without them and their endless bickering. There are plenty of gurus left here to get your question answered with kindness and respect.
                            1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Originally posted by malber View Post
                              Just about sums up those that were banned. Anyone's welcome to ask questions there, just be willing to be berated by those there about your inexperience and their opinion on the worthyness of your question before you get a decent answer. My opinion is that it's not much of a loss and this site is better without them and their endless bickering. There are plenty of gurus left here to get your question answered with kindness and respect.
                              Let it go sport.
                              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

I agree, Dpotter.
                                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
                                X