Favorite song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
    Now if you want my fav song for riding, here is the one that always ends up in my head (I don't listen to anything when I ride)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfbBw-YMBeQ
    Always have and always will identify with Seger tunes. He got a little strange in the later years and I lost interest though.

Originally posted by jimbyjimb View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jiRXrhkcw

It's about my XS, how couldn't I love it?
    Clapton can do the blues. He is fastinated and loves American blues music.

Strange because most Brits don't.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I've had the fortune of seeing Clapton twice at Key Arena.

I'm becoming somewhat of a music snob. I'm to the point I can hardly stand anything slightly repetitive or mildly lyrically boring. Alberta I like just because that's my bike.

A song I really do enjoy quite a lot is 'Downeaster Alexa' by Billy Joel. I just think the lyrics are so vivid and it's very sad and emotional.

Outside of that I listen to a lot of Beethoven. I like Symphony #4 a lot.

Epic Rap Battles of History, Albert Einstein vs Stephen Hawking on youtube is pretty good!
      1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

simple man, lynyrd skynyrd.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Bach

I have Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D minor and l like it, but I much prefer his Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G. or The Italian Concerto or Concerto No. 1 in A minor. On the otherhand, I have been known to pop in C.W. McCall's Wolfcreek Pass and laugh my butt off, I call it my getting out of town music.
          There ain't no acounting for taste. I know this is a little late but if Bug will tune to 1430 AM he will get 50's and 60's rock and roll, the best.
          Ole Jack
          Last edited by xs11jack; 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM. Reason: Last sentence
          J.D."Jack" Smith
          1980G&S "Halfbreed"
          1978E straight job
          "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Bach

I start every morning with a coffee sitting on my deck during the transition from dark to light. I,m into astronomy so it is an ideal time of day for me. I,ve played different music but have settled on Bach to start my days. I live out in the country so I have deer wondering around in the mornings. Two does and three fawns will come right up to the deck with Bach playing, they don't do that if I play anything else. The buck won,t come out of the bush line for anything.
            mack
            79 XS 1100 SF Special
            HERMES
            original owner
            http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
            SPICA
            http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
            IOTA
            https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
            https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
            Frankford, Ont, Canada
            613-398-6186

Comment

beleave it or not im 24 and always enjoyed listen to Fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra and maybe a little marvin gaye mrs. jones
              _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
              1980 gs1000g "stock"
              1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
              2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

My favorites always change with my moods too.

I tend to listen to more classic rock, but enjoy some metal thrown in... but also enjoy anything by Glenn Miller, Rhapsody in Blue, Berlioz (particularly the 5th movement of his Symphonie Fantastique), and Debussy (Claire De Lune).

Subject to change without notice
                lol
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                X