Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had a case like the one Montreux_Blue posted a 1/8th inch piece of neoprene rubber would cushion that fine and wouldn't hold moisture. You would only need it at the contact points. Cut the pieces to fit in the recesses and with a bit of contact cement it should protect the pistol and not rattle and cause any undue wear. Any decent hardware store would be a good place to look. Orchard Hardware stores here in Kalifornia carry different thickness of the neoprene.
    Anything I travel with here has to be locked in a box and in the trunk.
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

I use a Keltec 380 auto with a belt clip in my pocket. This allows it to be clipped in your pocket without the use of a holster.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
        Just do like the harley guys and put it in the tool box!
        Hmmm I never tried. I wonder if my colt would fit in the tool box of my xs11? I do have saddle bags but they do not lock so I would never keep my firearm in there. At least with the tool box most would not realize it was under the side cover.

I have carried for many years. Even took a few spills on a dirt bike and had been flipped off the back of a atv while carrying. So far I have not had and injuries while carrying my colt in a pancake holster in the small of my back.

BTW its a Colt Delta Elite 10mm.
        Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
        Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
        Pod Filters
        DynoJet Kit
        T.C.'s Fuse Block
        Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
        Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
        V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Originally posted by MrOzz View Post
          Hmmm I never tried. I wonder if my colt would fit in the tool box of my xs11? I do have saddle bags but they do not lock so I would never keep my firearm in there. At least with the tool box most would not realize it was under the side cover.
          The problem though with having it in the tool pouch is if you ever needed it it would take forever to get it out.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

On my MNS I have a fannypack inside my sport fairing, wrapped around the gauges. This fannypack is one my wife used to use when she was a deputy. It is designed for carrying a handgun, in her case a Beretta 92F.
            I carry small items in it but not a firearm.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

It is similar to my last job. I was security supervisor at a hospital. People would be found smoking pot in the parking lot. They had "medical cards" that allowed them to smoke pot. I was directed to ask them to not do that on hospital property. Even though there was public access, it was still private property.
              This forum is similar. All are welcome but it is still the domain of JP Honeywell. The moderators are the 'security'.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

That is true Pat,

but private enterprises normally do NOT request donations to continue their operations. Following the rules is the best way to avoid conflicts and that works on both sides.
                The contributions of knowledge from past and present membership is the gem that everyone appreciates.

We just had an off duty officer working as "security" whack a 17 year old kid on the head with his nightstick. All witnesses reported it as unwarranted. The "officer" will lose his job and that is the end of the story (except for the lawsuits, of course).

I did not hijack the thread but my apologies for riding with em'.

Back to the subject-- the point of carry is to use if the need arises. I would think if it were locked away or unloaded then the purpose has been circumvented and now becomes moot.
                '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                Original except:
                120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Usually I carry a .38 J frame in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster, in my right front pants pocket. Sometimes I'll carry a G19 there, but the mag/grip peeks out a little bit, even more so when sitting on a bike.
                  When I feel like carrying a bigger gun like the Judge/ G17/ or 92fs, I use the tank bags shown in the pictures (I have 3 of them).

When at the gas station or at work, I just tuck the bag under my arm= no one knows what's in it or cares...

Comment

Goddammit men, build a bridge will ya. All the whining is getting old..
                    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Lol.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWRlTgEB5Q

Comment

WTF Greg,

I didn't see anyone carrying!
                        '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                        Original except:
                        120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                        4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                        Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                        All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                        Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Building the bridge John, building the bridge.

Comment

Profanity?

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
                            Goddammit men, build a bridge will ya. All the whining is getting old..
                            Why the profanity? I find that more disturbing than the other responses. Of course the mod for this link likes to use that profanity as well, so I guess it is OK.
                            "I'd rather be fishin'"
                            1980sg "Cruise Missle"
                            2002A Goldwing

Comment

What's wrong with profanity anyway? I like me some profanity for emphasis now and again.
                              80G Mini-bagger
                              VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                              79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                              79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                              79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

OH HE!! YEA!!!!!!!

But then, some people think I'm disturbed anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X