former owner
    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
    zrx carbs
    18mm float height
    145 main jets
    38 pilots
    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Snake Oil

Have about 50k and 11 years on my 1985 F150 trans rebuild. started similar symptoms. Really bad in cold months. Never a big fan on snake oil fixes but didn't want to spend a lot on that muffler. Put a quart of LUCAS trans additive and immediately cleared all the problems.
      http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=9&loc=show
      Another thing to look at is the vacuum modulator. I know the C4 had it and I think the C6 did. Will have a vacuum hose on it. Take the hose off and see if fluid is evident showing leakage.
      79SF
      XJ11
      78E

Comment

Yes guys, as of this afternoon it was confirmed that it's a C6 transmission and it turns out one of our own has experience rebuilding transmissions and is going to have a look it it...

I still don't see how a low mileage transmission that was regularly serviced could be trashed. So while it's out and apart getting whatever new bits it requires, it will also get a shift kit.

The tranny is eating the money I had budgeted to have the body work done so that will now have to wait until next year. I think I'm cursed to drive ugly trucks...

If I were better off, I would get a mini or micro van for the business and set my truck aside for restoration...

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

why drive a purty truck?

they get stolen - ugly trucks just get the work done and nobody pays them any mind...

Ivan - you crack me up!

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Whoda-thunk-it?!

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
            Boy I am sure f'n glad I didn't invest any time or $50k on tools to be an ASE tech for ten friggen years at a Ford shop.

Disregard anything I might have said. Toilets are obviously a better option.
            Ivan's full of beans?!
            1980 XS11SG
            Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
            Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
            ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

bump

so along this line , I am looking at getting a f250 and supposedly everything under the hood is new or rebuilt , but the tranny sat for a long time , he says its the seals? and they are hardened
              91 kwaka kz1000p
              Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Working...
              X