No announcement yet.

The warranty has run out on my body!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts. Hopefully this will turn out to be treatable and will respond well to the treatment.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

You are Special

Howdy Ed,

May the higher powers look upon you and realize what a great Human you are. Keep a POSITIVE ATTITUDE as Ray says. A few of the people I know that had Cancer claim the best thing in their life is keep every day special, get really informed about treatments, and to reach deep to tough out the bad days. After this is all over, you will be empowered to finding something that will bring you great satisfaction. Maybe do a search on Lance Armstrong, the bicylclist, about his conquest of his own cancer, and life after. Very inspiring person who became even more accomplished after fighting the cancer, than before. THe whole XS family is with you, thats what friends do. You are lucky to have XS folk nearby like DiverRay, Scott and others, and a great wife. Ed, we all wish you the best recovery. George Patton, who was an Olympic Athlete that few realize, said "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. " Take Care, Mike in S.Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Your support means a lot to me. Thank you so much!

"Say... In California, does that make you eligible for that medical marijuana thing? "

Yes! Actually I used to be a very hardcore pot head back in the 60's and 70's, and I have the criminal record to prove it.
        A shifting of political outlook and later, the development of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease caused me to retreat to very, very occasional use. But yes I am very eligible for the medical marijuana card, and I intend to take advantage of it.
        I consider self medication to be one of those Unalienable Rights that are protected by the 9th Amendment! But any further discussion of the topic has been, alas, thwarted by the death of the HBT site.
        In any case there are now pot vaporizers and many yummy recipes for pot candy and brownies, etc. It is absolutely true that pot helps mediate the nausea caused by chemo, and boost the appetite!
        I thank everyone for your stories of beating cancer. Keep them coming!!!
        Special Ed
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Ed, I don't have the writing chops to put it into words in a forum post but I've been praying for you. Even if you do have to go to an indy shop for your post-warranty work instead of the OEM, everything will be okay!
          -- Scott
          _____
          ♬
          2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
          ♬

Comment

Ed, the next story we expect to hear of someone beating cancer will be yours. although we have never met, I get the feeling your a pretty intent person about the things you do. So, keep that head up and looking forward.

I know for me in getting back on both feet and regaining the use of my right arm since my little oopsie, mental attitude has made all the difference. It has been amazing how much of my advancements have been more overcoming my mind than my body. After eight weeks of being told and hollered at not to put ANY weight on my right foot/leg or arm. Then to go to, take off and run when you feel like it. Well, it took a bit for the mind to stop going "whoa, your not supposed to put weight on there!!!!" But once I got my confidence back, the rest was fairly quick and easy. So, mind over matter is more fact than fiction!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Hang in there Brother.

Next Wednesday local time I get a laser inserted into my favourite toy to hopefully blast a large kidney stone to bits so I can piss it out. If that don't work the next step is a cesarean scar and the best part of a month off work. Praying for ya man.

Comment

Cueball, I feel for you brother. I have been "blessed" with kidney stones before. Some people compare it to giving birth to a child, only worse!! (that is from my aunt, who had six kids) I've been fortunate enough to only endure about an hours pain for the couple I got lately, one while I was doing my Physical Therapy, now THAT was fun!!!

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Ed, our prayers are with you, You'll be just fine, and live long enough to wear out that bike.
                  Ole Jack
                  J.D."Jack" Smith
                  1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                  1978E straight job
                  "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Like a few others on here I can sympathesize with the concern and uncertainty that comes with
                    cancer. My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years back, he underwent surgery,
                    had it removed and hasn't looked back since. We can only hope things will work out as well for
                    you.
                    1980 XS11SG
                    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Finally got the results of my biopsy, and the good news is that it hasn't metastasized. The bad news is that after getting set to undergo chemo, I am now back to the prospect of undergoing surgery to have the tumor and my bladder removed, a week of recovery in the hospital and up to 6 weeks recovery at home with visiting nurses to teach me how to pee sans "pee nus."
                      Bad news: I will be rendered impotent. Good news: if I can accept the idea of pricking my prick with a hypodermic needle, I can achieve a hard erection for up to two hours at will: regardless of any external factors such as the the attractiveness of the prospective sex partner! Fair dencum? (How do you Aussie chaps spell it? Help me out here Roo!)
                      Anyway, I do very much appreciate your moral support, and I'll keep giving updates via this thread.
                      Special Ed
                      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Ed:

I came to this thread late, and am putting in my 2cents worth. It would be a much sader world without you in it. I've appreciated your humor and political outlook (not always agree!) over the years since we first met. My best wishes for a recovery are with you always.

Jerry Fields

Special Ed at Lake Tahoe, 2005. He went by the name E. Liberty back then.
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Sorry to hear, Thought and prayers out for you for a fast recovery and kick that tumors A$$.

Shaking my head on people I know personally and here online, coming down with some form of cancer.

A dear friend of ours was just diagnosed with Pancriatic and liver cancer.
                          Her name is Vicki, the friend of our that gave me her husbands XS1100 when he passed away. So this bike is taking on a whole new meaning of bringing her back to life.

Sorry for going off track some, You take care and GOD Bless .
                          1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

At least you will be alive

We spell it "fair dinkum". My laser blasting went well, now just a couple of days for things to settle things down before I go back to bouncing around in a truck. Hope your surgery and recovery goes well, not real keen on the idea of the needle, don't like those critters

Comment

You know Ed, it is amazing what you can come to accept as normal with the right mind set. Sounds like you have it. Think of it this way, compared to alot of the folks you met or saw while in the oncology deparment, your outcome is really good! Kepp looking foward to all you can accomplish. heck, with one of those shots, you can finally have three women and hope to outlast them!!! Like Jeff Foxworthy says it, I'd call every girl you ever dated!!

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

We spell it "fair dinkum"
                                "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" 1966 by Robert Heinlein. Ed, you would like it if you have not read it. Discusses Libertarian ideals in a future society. The "fair dinkum" is a self-aware computer that runs the Moon complex.
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.
                                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                                X