Who is going to Bob Jones Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to Bob Jones Rally

from Texas? Was trying to justify my going thru the pain of a 1100 mile trip. Want to see if I might find some riding partners.
    Also, is anyone bringing a trailer for parts or parts bikes from there?
    Last edited by jmnjrpa; 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM.
    '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
    Original except:
    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

I'm flying up and riding back. Maybe you could meet up with some of the Okie boys along the way...
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

How are

going to manage that??
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines

Big John

Comment

I am leaving out of work tomorrow. So, if you are around Wichita at about 4:30, I'd be happy to make the last part of the trip with you.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I'm riding out as early as possible tomorrow John.

I don't know who from Texas is going except Jeremy but I'll bet Russ has a pretty good idea.
          Get ahold of him.

Did you finally get that gold plated driveway ornament back together?.......LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by jmnjrpa View Post
            How are going to manage that??
            It's a secret!!!

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

I'll be leaving around 1pm. Look for a slow maroon jalopy truck with a C-clamp holding the driver door shut. I swear I have a pretty truck, but this one has a 10 foot bed!
              Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Originally posted by joceiphus View Post
                I'll be leaving around 1pm. Look for a slow maroon jalopy truck with a C-clamp holding the driver door shut. I swear I have a pretty truck, but this one has a 10 foot bed!
                Does it have a big sign on the chicken crates in the back that says "pull my hillbilly a$$ over" ?........LOL

I think I've seen it.

Comment

Lol... It might as well!

I'm hoping it will be soooo over the top, that they just leave me alone!
                  Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Are you still going to go if you don't have a riding partner Big John? Maybe you can ride on the back of Greg's bike once you get to Tulsa, just don't rip off his sleeves like the last guy, he's running out of nice pearl snap shirts!

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                      Are you still going to go if you don't have a riding partner Big John? Maybe you can ride on the back of Greg's bike once you get to Tulsa, just don't rip off his sleeves like the last guy, he's running out of nice pearl snap shirts!

Ain't bringin' no sleeves........................................... ..

AH

Comment

Thanks

I could not make it anyway do to a last second contract job. Hope everyone has a good time and POST PICS!
                        Original except:

Big John

Comment

Delete all my posts. I don't care
                          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

????Winterhawk

Delete all my posts. I don't care
                            Am I confused or are you??
                            Original except:

Big John

Comment

Hey Greg,

Did you finally get that gold plated driveway ornament back together?.......LOL....
                              Which time???
                              Had it totally tore down for complete winter overhaul.

Then Tore everything down from tranny back (swingarm mod).

Two weeks ago reshimmed the valves, added an auto CCT and did touchups.

UHHHH, yeah it's been together for the last two weeks solid. May be some kind of record for me. Better take pics fast.

Next teardown due pretty soon! Yeah, got to finish that big tank, fab that special handrail, do the final drive swap after powdercoating it, ...........
                              .................................................. ......................
                              Original except:

Big John

Comment

Working...
                              X