X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapie unit ok under 40mph

I saw my name used in vain

Yes it was a cheap unit - maybe $15?

Fine around town and under 40-45mph - faster and it just isn't loud enough to hear over road noise. Wife and I used it today - she was wanting to stop but I kept going 70 and she couldn't tell me - oh well...

I'll get something one of these days.

John in San Antonio
    Last edited by jwhughes3; 04-25-2010, 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

anyone used GPRS Radios?

With VOX control and been able to hear at high speed?

John in San Antonio
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I just thought I'd share a piece of info that might relate to this subject. I just heard today that Bluetooth 4.0 technology is due to be released in June this year. It's supposed to allow a 200' range (as opposed to the 30' range of the current technology) and will allow devices to use a tiny fraction of the power. Look for these new devices to start hitting the market around Christmas this year, or maybe into next spring. I can imagine that the MC gear industry will try to use this technology the best they can!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X