No announcement yet.

Geico insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only experience with Geico was years ago when I got hit (in my car) by a Geico-insured driver. They were a total PITA to deal with and I nearly had to beat the money out of them. They've been on my avoid-at-all-costs list ever since.

Motorcycle insurance? Don't have any....

It's not required here and I have personal medical, so I work on the theory that if I do enough damage with the bike to whatever I hit that I can't pay for it out of pocket, I'm probably dead and they can fight with my estate. My young-and-dumb days are behind me, so the chance that any accident will be my fault is very slim.

Quite frankly, I hate insurance companies and firmly believe they're all thieves, some more so than others. You'll get better odds in Vegas...

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I won't do Geico simply because of their shady past.

As I understand it it originated as Government Employees Insurance COmpany. Then they got greedy and figured since they were so good at gouging the Feds, they could do it to anyone.
      This is true...when I was stationed in Germany in the late 80s they were the only insurance company we could use over there...at that time they insured only government employees.

I used to have bike insurance with USAA, but over the past couple of years they stopped providing bike insurance..probably because young soldiers are a notoriously bad risk on bikes. They still insure my car, for $34.00 a month liability.

They partnered up with Progressive for bike insurance, and I am happy with Progressive...my insurance is $125.00 a year for liability.
      Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
        Not around here. You definitely have to be careful if your uninsured - - -
        Hi Dogg,
        that's certainly true. Use someone else's ID and plate for a start.
        But there's a second theme happening here.
        The first theme is that GEICO is the poster-boy for the worst aspects of vehicle insurance.
        It seems the list is 100% in agreement with that.
        The second theme is "Do I need insurance?"
        I say, "of course you f**king do."
        Others have a different opinion. I hope they never get into a collision.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
          Hi Dogg,
          that's certainly true. Use someone else's ID and plate for a start.
          But there's a second theme happening here.
          The first theme is that GEICO is the poster-boy for the worst aspects of vehicle insurance.
          It seems the list is 100% in agreement with that.
          The second theme is "Do I need insurance?"
          I say, "of course you f**king do."
          Others have a different opinion. I hope they never get into a collision.
          I just hope I don't learn the hard way. I'll probably get insurance on my bike once I pay off my Jeep and can carry liability. In Washington we're not required to carry insurance on our bikes so I haven't had to steal anyone's plates yet.
          "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
          X