Geico insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geico insurance

They SUCK! I got screwed by them. Will not pay my claim on the coverage I had. I intend to post this everywhere I can. You buy GEICO insurance at your own risk.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

I don't carry insurance on my bike right now, but WI law is changing in June so that the police can ask for proof of insurance and if you don't have it they can write you up. At the moment they can not, so there is no point for me to have it.
    1980 XS1100SG
    1998 KLR 650

Comment

I had the same problem with them. I had full coverage on my VW bug and they wouldn't even return my calls about when my engine was vandalized.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

thebottle,

Apparently, GEICO insurance is as good as NO insurance. So, in that case you're right! What's the point.

I have PROGRESSIVE on my motorcycles. I had a claim in 1985. They
        paid. The dealer tried to screw me. PROGRESSIVE sent an agent who
        made sure my motorcycle was repaired to my satisfaction. 25 years
        later, I remain a loyal PROGRESSIVE customer.

So it goes.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Insurance is nothing but a scam. I drove for 10 years with out it and still would if I didn't have a lien holder. If I got a ticket per year I was saving thousands of bucks. Just a ploy for unemployed college certificate holders to have jobs and the man to tax something else.
          "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

In Georgia, I do not really need proof of insurance. The state keeps it in their data base. If I allow my insurance to lapse, they sent the deputy to my house to collect my tag. At least that's how they say it works. I don't need to show proof when I renew my tag. It comes up on their screen.

I carry only liability. I'd hate to be without it if I hurt somebody. Hospital bills can get mighty pricey! Let them deal with the likes of GEICO!
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

liability only going with geico. I would have full coverage if the bike booked at more than a few hundred dollars, at that rate they'd total it and then I'd be screwed out of the bike. Unless I wanted to buy it back, but then you gotta get it inspected by highway patrol to get the "salvage" title proven roadworthy. Big hassle I hear.
              1980 XS11SG
              Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
              Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
              ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

I had Geico but I found out that they would only insure for a min of $100 so I changed to Dairylanders and know insure both my bikes for less then that! Only because I have to in order to ride on a military installation.
                "Shop"
                Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

I won't do Geico simply because of their shady past.

As I understand it it originated as Government Employees Insurance COmpany. Then they got greedy and figured since they were so good at gouging the Feds, they could do it to anyone.

Then, in TX, they bought the TX HiPo all new LADAR, which was undetectable and supposedly gave a kick back to those that wrote their customers speeding tickets, for the express purpose of getting the customer baited with low rates, then putting them on the high risk list and gouging them yet again. It pretty well fits with my experiance. I had them for a couple years, and got one speeding ticket and the rates nearly doubled.

Thus, I am with State farm. I have everything insured through them. House, 4 vehicles, flood insurance, and a couple other things. So, when they threaten to raise my rates, I just tell them I guess I am not "in good hands" and that maybe I should switch to something more "progressive" and they settle down.

Still thinking about progressive, cause Flo's chin is sooo hot. Both of them...
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Ain't you guys heard?

Geico's for cavemen. Not smart enough to know better.
                    '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                    Original except:
                    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

I have all my insurance through Allstate. My liability on the bike is $20.00 monthly. I think a lot of the problems we see with companies is the local agents. My agent takes good care of me. Well mainly my wife, she is the one who has wrecks.
                      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                      A quick death and an easy one.
                      A pretty girl and an honest one.
                      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Foremost

Hi,

I had Progressive to start with on my 109, it was about nine hundred a year for full coverage. I changed to Foremost, at 480 per year for the same coverage. Foremost is in Grand Rapids Mi ,, 800 267 2060,,,for anyone who wants to get a quote. I have one ticket three plus years ago and the bike is valued at 8000 approximately. I havnt had a claim with them at all so dont know about that.
                        Bikes Now.
                        80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
                        79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
                        83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
                        83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
                        08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Originally posted by thebottle View Post
                          I don't carry insurance on my bike right now, but WI law is changing in June so that the police can ask for proof of insurance and if you don't have it they can write you up. At the moment they can not, so there is no point for me to have it.
                          Hi 'bottle,
                          swanning around on your bike uninsured just because it ain't mandatory, are you nucking futs?
                          Without PLPD insurance, when you are found liable for running some grannie's new Lincoln into the ditch YOU will have to pay for grannie's stay in hospital and for the Lincoln's repair bills. Wisht I had that kind of money.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Another Kamikazi rider.

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
                            Insurance is nothing but a scam. I drove for 10 years with out it and still would if I didn't have a lien holder. If I got a ticket per year I was saving thousands of bucks. Just a ploy for unemployed college certificate holders to have jobs and the man to tax something else.
                            Hi Dogg,
                            let's modify your statement:-
                            "If I got a ticket per year I was saving thousands of bucks so long as I didn't hit anybody"
                            Back in the UK your first "driving uninsured" ticket would have cost you a year's licence suspension and a fine at minimum; subsequent offences got that plus mandatory jail time.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                              Hi Dogg,
                              let's modify your statement:-
                              "If I got a ticket per year I was saving thousands of bucks so long as I didn't hit anybody"
                              Back in the UK your first "driving uninsured" ticket would have cost you a year's licence suspension and a fine at minimum; subsequent offences got that plus mandatory jail time.
                              Not around here. You definitely have to be careful if your uninsured but I really did save loads of money during those 10 years. You would think that once you have paid all that money for insurance for years and years you could stop paying at some point. I think insurance companies should work on something like that. Arent' we just paying into a pool so the bad drivers can be covered when they crash over and over? As long as it is mandatory by law they can just screw us all they want. I'm not sure if theirs anyone regulating these ins. companies or what, it just seems to me the price is outrageous.

I have heard that some of the money goes to research and development for whatever, but it's probably a rumor.

I do like having insurance now for piece of mind only because of law enforcement. If I was in a bad wreck I suppose it would pay off, maybe. But even if you get into a minor fender bender you have to pay the deductible and it would be just the same to pay for the damage out of pocket. It's all a scam.
                              Last edited by Yard Dogg; 03-15-2010, 10:15 AM.
                              "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
                              X