Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gareth View Post
    Jeez..if there was ever a thread that could make me nostalgic for a good oil/tyre thread, this would be it. You guys really need to get a grip. Or something. This forum is beginning to jump the shark...
    jump the shark huh? Never heard that one. Sorry about the thread man, I blame the percocets and vitamin m.
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Ok, now my teeth hurt.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I'm 55, and have two of my wisdom teeth left. I just didn't feel like getting crowns for two of the wisdom teeth! I don't have that kind of money, and can't see the reason for it! As posted here, most of you had them removed "for your own good" before ANYTHING was going on!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Larry, I did not need to see a picture of a tooth like that. I REALLY did not need to see it in 3D.

I had my wisdom teeth out in my teens. They were pushing on my molers and would've caused bad problems so out they went. I was given the option of being awake for it or being put under. Needless to say, I took the nap.
          1980 XS1100 Standard "Touring"
          Fairing, Trunk, and Bags
          850 FD
          Fork Brace
          Progressive Front Springs
          Engine Guards w/Foot Pegs
          Oil Cooler
          Throttle Lock
          Uni Air Filter in Airbox

2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS

Comment

Had all 4 of mine pulled while I was in the Navy. 2 at a time in 2 different session, but both sessions happened while we were at sea... with fairly rough seas. That was interesting, lemme tell ya.
            If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

Had all 4 pulled at 28. I was getting braces, to straignten my teeth out, and they needed room.

Needless to say you don't have a category for 'necessary cosmetic reasons'.

As for 'Jumping the shark', this isn't Happy Days, and it's MID WINTER, bikers tend to get bored this time of year.
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
                Had all 4 pulled at 28. I was getting braces, to straignten my teeth out, and they needed room.

Needless to say you don't have a category for 'necessary cosmetic reasons'.

As for 'Jumping the shark', this isn't Happy Days, and it's MID WINTER, bikers tend to get bored this time of year.
                Yeah, even down here in sunny CA it's not good for riding. Although it is good enough today to ride to work. Did have to use full choke to start though, since it's been sitting since Sat.
                Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                Spade Fuse Box
                Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                750 FD Mod
                TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I hung on to mine as long as I could

Had my left-side wisdom teeth pulled in my mid-50s when they finally started to break through and hurt. The dentist asked should he do all 4 but I chickened out. Some years afterwards the other 2 started to break through and hurt.
                  Went to another dentist who said, those will come out easy then I told him about having a heart attack the year before and that bold confident fellow turned into a snivelling coward before my very eyes and sent me to see some guys down town. Which was good. Seems that these date-rape drugs have a legitimate use as an anesthetic. They gave me an injection in the back of my hand and the next thing I remember is having a mouth full of gauze & no wisdom teeth.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Had mine taken out whilst in the Navy in my early/mid 20's. My uppers slowly erupted, but at different rates, had one pulled for my birthday, then the other a year later, also for my birthday! I then had the lowers EXTRACTED surgically due to them laying sideways and were going to ram my other molars. Had IV sedation as well.

Surprisingly most folks' mouths don't have enough room for them, some of that genetic and evolutionary stuff going on.

I've lost several other molars and such since then due to soft enamel, poor hygeine practices, and an addiction to carbonated sugary sodas! I'm doing better these days, but can't stand DIET drinks, so I'm brushing more often, along with seeing my Dentist more than just every few years!

And speaking of HALOTOSIS...clinically bad breath...I was having some of this last year...SWMBO never bothered to tell me! But after having a tooth that had decayed beyond repair even for a CROWN, I had it removed, and it CURED my bad breath! But I REFUSE to spend $3k for one friggin' IMPLANT tooth!!! I'll just blend in a little better when I visit my Xsive friends down in the SOUTH!

I can buy a whole set of dentures for 1/10th that!!! But thankfully, I've got plenty still to chew with....so far!
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                      - - - - Surprisingly most folks' mouths don't have enough room for them, some of that genetic and evolutionary stuff going on. - - - -
                      Hi TC,
                      from what I read someplace it ain't those things, it's environmental.
                      Seems that children raised in hunter-gatherer societies who have to gnaw raw vegetables or starve have their jaws grow big enough through all that exercise that their wisdom teeth have room enough to grow. It's only effete modern societies that feed kids nothing but pap that have the "no room for wisdom teeth" problem.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                        I'll just blend in a little better when I visit my Xsive friends down in the SOUTH!
                        You can hang with my buddy Greg from Tulsa!
                        Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Originally posted by joceiphus View Post
                          You can hang with my buddy Greg from Tulsa!
                          Wrong tooth BUDDY the one that's gone is my left canine.

Too bad your not as good at fixing motocycles as you are at fixing photos of good lookin' people.

Comment

Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Man, seriously, I wish I was good at fixing motorcycles too.
                              Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Originally posted by joceiphus View Post
                                Man, seriously, I wish I was good at fixing motorcycles too.
                                We all do! Then you could help us.

Hows that piece of sh*t coming?

I have wednesdays and sundays off if there is anything I might help with be happy to come try and help if I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X