Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Welcome & Thanks...

Originally posted by ManitoulinLad View Post
    I didn't know that they built Midnight Maxims - that bike looks awesome. Thx for the pics - Dan
    According to the info over at XJBikes.com, Yamaha had built a 650 Mid Max for the year '81 for US & Canada, the 750 Mid Max for the years '83 US & Canada, '84 Canada, and the 1100 Mid Max (engine & frame code 11G) for the years '82 & '84 which the Eleven is yet to be seen
    I'm not sure of the production numbers yet but I'll post them asap.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
      Hey Schming,

Just an fyi, if you'll click on the checkboxes besides every reply that you want to "QUOTE", and use the multiquote function, then the site will put them all into 1 reply window. Without the quote codes around the text, it's hard to follow or see where the quoted text ends and your reply begins!?

ManitoulinLad, his post was the REST of his restos to do, that MN Maxim is NOT an 1100, but a 650...I'm pretty sure, but Schming can confirm that.

His current 1100 is an 80G standard...very nice looking I might add, great work and effort and result!!
      T.C.
      Hi T.C., Sorry about that, I'm better with tools. So Your saying click on the quote box in the lower right corner of each thread I wish to insert into my reply first and then what is the multiquote function?

Comment

Aww... I was just funnin' ya. looks good though!
        Joe

78XS1100

Comment

All Fun intended...

Originally posted by joceiphus View Post
          Aww... I was just funnin' ya. looks good though!
          Thanks Joceiphus, It was really not that hard to do, just messy, the reason I suggested working outside. If you decide to attempt this, the polishing tips are a big help in the how to section. After final wash & a rubout with never dull I reinstalled the covers with new gaskets and allen head stainless steel fasteners from this place,

http://www.westcoastmc.com/store/ind...age=conditions

Although their site is on a maintainence delay at the moment, they sell kits for the Eleven's main side covers but I ordered two so I'd have enough for the oil pan and valve cover and a few extra. They also have kits for the carbs which are allen head too. FYI side cover bolt torque 7.2 ft.-lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post
            Thanks Joceiphus, It was really not that hard to do, just messy, the reason I suggested working outside.

Believe me I know I know!!!!
            Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Looking good!

I'd really like to luck up on one of those XS650s like that! Always wanted to turn one into a bobber style chopper.
              .....>SmugMug coupon 0E8WP3kJcvvbY save $5 ..........>The Banjo Rides
              There’s something about going riding with your friends, a feeling of freedom, a feeling of joy that really can’t be put into words.
              It can only be fully shared by someone who’s done it.......... on any sunday

Comment

Originally posted by knybanjo View Post
                Looking good!

I'd really like to luck up on one of those XS650s like that! Always wanted to turn one into a bobber style chopper.
                Thanks knybanjo, I got the black rat about two years ago after a young fella had to break his lease at one of my father in laws apartment buildings.The guy had to move to AZ in three days for a better job offer so he left the bike leaned up against the side of the building. I have his name so I have to do a search to see if I can get a title for it and if I do that will become a chopped bobber. the '77D will get a complete resto as I'm awaiting parts as we speak from ebay. Of course I must finish the '80G first

Comment

Working...
                X