What keeps me out of trouble... almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps me out of trouble... almost

I would like to formally introduce myself now that I finally, only mind you, with the guidance of this forum and all of the infinite knowledge am able to post pics

(Please work)

Bought this in April,'92 with 11k on the clock put another 10k on and took it off the road in '01. I couldn't find caliper pistons til '05 when I learned how to turn the computer on and found PnM the same day I found this site Slowly bringing Her back to Her righteous glory
    Last edited by Ken Talbot; 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

didn't work.
    1980 XS1100SG w/Jardine Spaghetti 4/2
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400sm Souped

Comment

C-Bug's Tips

Best "How-to-post-pics":

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25233

Comment

My finite Mind...

needed to shake a little loose

Comment

Nice.....

Gawd! I wish those pics were in 3D....

Comment

So thats how...

you do it. Two hours of reading the five pages of "how to" and I didn't see that link anywhere Thank You Larry & C-Bug for the "schnizzle" on posting pics

Comment

Schming,
              I believe even Bohn Frazer would be impressed with the cleanliness & detail of that one!!!

Very Nice!
              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

The Rest of the Restos...

My DD as I got it Sept. '08 for $150.00

Under tarp yard find this past summer $100.00
                Freebie abandoned at one of my father in laws apartment buildings

Comment

These are the colors I have to match when I paint the Pacifico fairing aquired from a gracious, xs11lover,the hard bags aquired from a fine gentleman, rowdyboy321 and the matching trunk from a Friend down south, Tinywal. I need to contact the PO as he knows the color code. I just hope he's still breathing after almost eighteen years

Comment

Nice.....
                    Gawd! I wish those pics were in 3D
                    Thanks Larry, I hope to complete it by Spring. I'm working on making the carbs look just as good. Then some of the other necessary mods to make Her long distance worthy.

Schming,
                    I believe even Bohn Frazer would be impressed with the cleanliness & detail of that one!!!

Very Nice!
                    Wow XJOK2PLAY, Thanks I had no idea what I had in my garage and almost sold it to an X- Pagan when it was crowding me. Thanks to the polishing tips on this site and XSpecially the members that keep asking questions. I've been enlightened to realize We own one of the most remarkable machines in two wheel history and will NEVER sell this one to anyone

Comment

I'll trade you all my unshiney parts for all you shiney ones.
                      Joe

78XS1100

Comment

FWIW, those will get you into trouble. Just ask me. Also, you will need a dorag with a chinstrap. Yeah, they are fast. LOL

Looks like you have a lot of very nice projects. Interested in seeing the final results.
                        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

"I'll trade you all my unshiney parts for all you shiney ones."
                          Thanks Joceiphus, for the offerbut I've got enough on the rest of the fleet Get Yourself a HF buffer, a respirator and safety shield, an assortment of rouges', and work OUTSIDE You'll be glad you did __________________
                          "FWIW, those will get you into trouble. Just ask me. Also, you will need a dorag with a chinstrap. Yeah, they are fast. LOL"
                          No trouble...yet,Ivan. I do use a full face dorag on the Mid Max and yes I agree at 6300rpm i runout of speedo & 7000 I run out of kahunas
                          "Looks like you have a lot of very nice projects. Interested in seeing the final results."
                          I keep pickin' away at 'em. Right now the woodsbuggy is getting rack & pinion steering and I'm rebuilding the transaxle stronger this time once I get it together I'll get back full bore on the '80G. The 650's are on hold til the Eleven is complete xscept for stocking up on needed parts off ebay The Mid Max I rode all summer after rebuilding the exhaust collector that was rusted out and usual new used bike maintainence. Oh yah, got rid of that ugly anchor the PO had as a backrest and installed a KG adjustable backrest luggage rack that required removing the gold bars along the underside of the seat but fits very good.Also bolted on a SlipStreamer SS28 bugstopper Of course one must balance all this with the proper amount of honeydo I'll post pics when I get a little further on...well...further

Comment

I didn't know that they built Midnight Maxims - that bike looks awesome. Thx for the pics - Dan
                            '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                            1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                            Rebuilt head, valves
                            TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                            Tkat Fork Brace
                            T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                            Dyna Coils & wires
                            Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                            ISO grips with stelleto ends
                            4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                            Bridgestone Spitfires
                            Tuned by Tinman905
                            & a will to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by ManitoulinLad View Post
                              I didn't know that they built Midnight Maxims - that bike looks awesome. Thx for the pics - Dan
                              Hey Schming,

Just an fyi, if you'll click on the checkboxes besides every reply that you want to "QUOTE", and use the multiquote function, then the site will put them all into 1 reply window. Without the quote codes around the text, it's hard to follow or see where the quoted text ends and your reply begins!?

ManitoulinLad, his post was the REST of his restos to do, that MN Maxim is NOT an 1100, but a 650...I'm pretty sure, but Schming can confirm that.

His current 1100 is an 80G standard...very nice looking I might add, great work and effort and result!!
                              T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X