California XSives Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Location

I am right at the 210 118 interchange off of the Osborne exit right before the 118. I know I can borrow a sleeping bag, now all I need to do is get a tent, and I should be good.
    Judson Crowder
    1979 XS11 F
    2005 BMW R GS1150 Adventure

Comment

I have one I can bring for you
      1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
      1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
      1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
      2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
      2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

make sure

you get some kind of pad to sleep on , the ground gets pretty hard
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Not too helpful but if SWMBO doesn't come I'll have an extra (tent) as well. Probably won't know for sure until end of this week.
          1979 xs1100 Special -
          Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
          Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
          My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

It's this comming weekend? I may have the weekend off (or at least Sat). Bikes aren't legal to ride but I may show-up in my camper. Where is it again? lol
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat, it's the 12th and 13th, NOT the 5th and 6th. This weekend is going to be getting Ed and I running properly. I just had a rear tire installed today, and will be digging into the carbs again Friday.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Back to normal with no proxy - yay!

Ray, I went through all three spare sets of carburetors to find two good fuel tees. I have six (four fuel and two vent) tees that are so worn and shrunken that they fall right out of the carburetors.

On the down side: I don't know if the '79 carburetors will clean up. It looks like three idle mixture screw tips broke off and the holes are almost FUBAR; probably why they were spare carbs and not on a bike.
                -- Scott
                _____
                ♬
                2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                ♬

Comment

Scott, All I should need is the "T". I have four here, not sure what they came from, but I am going to try them. It's just the 1,2 that is leaking, so I hope a "T" will get it back in line! Ed's bike is going to be the main work. I hope we can get it apart and together by Sunday late afternoon. I just need a little time with the gears to get them ready.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                    All I should need is the "T".
                    Works for me, less stuff to pack!

I'll head up on Friday so I'll be there for Saturday morning.
                    -- Scott
                    _____
                    ♬
                    2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                    1979 XS1100F: parts
                    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                    ♬

Comment

OK, you DO have a place to sleep, coffee and beer waiting!
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG

Comment

Ed prophesied: or the Rapture will occur and it will be reveled that Jesus was an XS11 rider and we will all be called to that final Rally in the sky where HE will pick up the tab for all the KOA campsites.

Jesus was, in fact, invited, but has been wrestling with an intermittant electrical problem and vacuum advance wire repair. He was going to get help from his Dad, but Dad's busy listening to prayers from the Gulf Coast.

Y'all boys and girls have fun and behave so that they'll let us back next year, at which time I will be shed of the kid who always has business on Rally Weekend, and maybe a few more sheckels in my pocket.
                        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Wait'll next year

LoHo,

You can start planning the dates now as far as SWMBO and I are concerned.

Ralph

Comment

Fish out of water in CA

Ok y'all, it looks like I am not working on Friday, so I can come up, hopefully with the guys from SD. So here is my question, or statement, however you want to look at it; How much camping gear do I need to bring/borrow. I live in Houston, so that is where all my m/c camping gear is located. I don't know how far away from food we are, is the plan to go into town to eat?, is there water in camp? are there toilets? are there convenience stores around? can we have a camp fire to cook on? Will coolers be there? As an Eagle Scout (26 years ago), I still like to be prepared.

I am just trying to get an idea of what I need to borrow, and what I might need to purchase. Thanks
                            Judson Crowder
                            1979 XS11 F
                            2005 BMW R GS1150 Adventure

Comment

I'll have a cooler there as well as the camper frig with room to spare. I'm gonna try to handle breakfasts at the motor home. Lunch will be on the road somewhere. I don't know what we're doing about dinners. Fires are allowed and I think there are bbq pits as well. You need a tent or not?? Shall I bring some briquettes and fire logs?
                              1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
                              1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
                              1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
                              2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
                              2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

I think the plan is to eat lunch on the road.

I'm not sure what everyone is planning for dinner, I'm on a budget and I LOVE hobo pies so I'm planning hobo pizza's for dinner. Along those same lines I'm planning hobo egg mcmuffins for breakfast, although this is a new one for me so I may fall back on drag's camper breakfast if things don't turn out edible. If there is a fire I'll cook on that, otherwise I'm bring a tiny camp stove and will use that, anyone else who would like to use it is welcome to. I'll also have small cooler, for my hobo pie fixin's. I do have an extra tent and sleeping bags, but I'm not going to bring them unless someone speaks up and says they need one.

I plan to buy beer somewhere near the campground.
                                1979 xs1100 Special -
                                Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                                Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                                My Bike:
                                [link is broken]

Comment

Working...
                                X