California XSives Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California XSives Rally

This is way early, but just so y'all know, plan on June 11-12-13 for 2010.

I liked the way they treated us in Santa Margarita and I liked the location...are you all okay with a return trip?

Hey Diver Ray, or anyone who might know: there is a road off of Highway 1 south of Big Sur (Lucia, actually), called Ferguson-Nacimiento Road. Has anyone tried this loop? It looks good on a map, but might be a twisty dirt road, not a good combo for our XS11s.

So you guys plan your vacations and furlough days for that weekend. Mike, are you guys out of school by then?
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
    This is way early, but just so y'all know, plan on June 11-12-13 for 2010.

I liked the way they treated us in Santa Margarita and I liked the location...are you all okay with a return trip?

Hey Diver Ray, or anyone who might know: there is a road off of Highway 1 south of Big Sur (Lucia, actually), called Ferguson-Nacimiento Road. Has anyone tried this loop? It looks good on a map, but might be a twisty dirt road, not a good combo for our XS11s.

So you guys plan your vacations and furlough days for that weekend. Mike, are you guys out of school by then?
    That sounds like a good time to me. I hope to make it this time, making sure the bike is in shape, even if I have to buy ANOTHER engine to do this, I plan on making at least part of this ride if not the whole thing.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Return trip is fine.......

Hey LoHo,master planner of all that is XS. Us Southern Contingent XS'rs are fine with June 11-13 date afaik. School is out at the end of May and then its Summer School in Late June, early July so your dates should be ok. There is a few more new xs1100 owners down here so I will try and round up a few more bodies.......keep planning, the campground was fine,,,,weather and roads were great,,,,,,see you then,,,Mike in Sun Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

maybe

Are those dates set in stone , my vacation dates don't include those but maybe I can work out the kinks
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Ferguson-Nacimiento Road is awesome road to ride. I’ve been on it twice this year. To get to it you need to go thru Hunter-Ligget army base. It’s a long day ride from Fresno. Not really because of the miles (420+) but because is one of those road itself. Ferguson-Nacimiento road is a 20~25 MPH road. Stunning view of the coastal range.
          Stop bitching, just ride!!!

Comment

Thanks, TM, my thought was as a ride for us all after establishing camp in Santa Margarita. I wanted to do some of Hwy 1 without just going up and back. I know the Paso Robles-Nacimiento is a nice road, but it looked like it degrades past the lake.

June 11-13 are pretty firm for me. After school is out but before summer school.

Comment

Sweet, I live in the area so any days work for me. Had a blast last time and looking forward to it again.

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

Comment

Don't know if I can make it this year. My father turns 90, my "big trip" this year may be back to Wisconsin. My sister is comming in from China and trying to get all 4 of us kids together for a celebration. Folks are also celebrating their 62nd wedding annivesary. Party is scheduled for week of July 16, don't think SWMBO will let me take two long trips within two months.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

We would miss you, Jerry, and we hope things work out so that you can make it. Without you, who will fact-check DiverRay's engineering theories?

Comment

Without you, who will fact-check DiverRay's engineering theories?
                    Hey, since when do facts have anything too do with theories??? I try to NEVER let facts get in the way of a good theory!
                    Jerry, we will miss you if you can't make it out, but maybe motorman can ride out, and bring someone "new" along??? I hope to be working by then, and if not, it will probably be just me camping......
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I missed the last few get-togethers.
                      Would that make me 'new' again?
                      Pat Kelly
                      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I look at this rally, and get pissed. I will be in Disney land during that time. If i had my way, i would work that into my trip back east. Don't know for sure that is going to happen, but if not, that would be a good ride.
                        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                        A quick death and an easy one.
                        A pretty girl and an honest one.
                        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Pat scribbled: I missed the last few get-togethers.
                          Would that make me 'new' again?

Sorry Pat, you can't come...we always talk about you, and having you there would make it awkward...but not impossible!

Pat, you had better figure out how to make it this time. Let me know when you have some time off and we'll set up a Central Valley brunch somewhere.
                          Last edited by LoHo; 12-01-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder, last few years of California rallies ('08, '09) are represented on my gallery page at http://gallery.me.com/jerryfields

Anyone is welcome to send additional pictures to be added to the ones I put up. Send to jerryfields@mac.com

Click on the album you want to view. Default view is grid, double-click on any photo to blow it up to fullscreen size and go into slide show mode.

Hint: Play with the controls at the bottom left side of the page, they let you see the photos in a few different ways, i.e. slide show, mosaic, and a few others. If a message comes up saying the site wants you to use Safari, just hit continue and keep going. I'm running IE7 and it works fine.

Would hate to miss this rally, I've been going to California / West Coast rallies since the Tahoe Rally in '05, all have been good but LoHo's have been the best.

Other, mostly older, rally photos are on my web page at http://homepage.mac.com/jerryfields/PhotoAlbum4.html
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I'll be looking forward to pounding out the miles to there again. May have to kidnap Jerry though. Thinkin' of pounding out the miles on the Bentley this time. What a concept.........show up at a Xcessive Rally on the correct scoot. Think it'll make the 2500mi.+ round trip Ray? Couple weeks ago, had the valves shimmed for its first time. Three exhaust and one intake a bit snug, so that's all good now. Some five hundred miles using Rotella.....going back to Vavoline20-50 as it 'likes' the Shell and has never prior used any oil to speak of......nope, not an oil thread.....who knows, maybe guide seals fell out overnight. Twas a hoot last year for my first rally thing. LoHo take a bow and the rest of you all were great company and fun riding. Location and the KOA hospitality were superb.......and it don't matter where we ride to me.........just RIDE!
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X