Sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
    The last dealership I turned wrenches for was a Harley - Kawasaki shop. There were several HD's I liked. I'm not anti-HD, but the attitude of so many of the riders is all arrogance and stupidity.

I'd like to pick up a rat Evo-Sportster and put the engine in a GSXR or similar chassis.

Geezer
    Haha, Eric Buell's already done it. I loved my Buell but it did have it's quirks. The mount the engine hung from would frequently tear which I assume would eventually let the motor fall onto the ground, the stock shocks that basically hold the two parts of the bike together were known to break apart at the weld, wheel bearings had an unusually short life, the oil pumg gear was known to strip out when run in the rpms the buell was built to run in, bla bla bla. But it was a fun bike to ride for sure.
    79 XS11 special

Comment

Perhaps I'm just arrogant but I think I could do better for less money.

The torque of a stock XLCH 1200 makes it a fun and easy bike to ride and stuff that engine into frame that originally held an 1100 to 1300 in line four shouldn't be all that hard.

These chassis show up from time to time because they're bought to use the engine in one of those little race cars and the rest is sold as surplus.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

attitudes

the other w/end a mate & I were rolling around having a look, 7 or 8 H/D flew past with the noise that goes with it , pulled up at the same servo, of course you could hear them over everyone else comparing appendidges, find out some time later they were lawyers/business men & and insurance assessors. Put them on a H/D with all the garb they become different people.
        never ride faster than your gaurdian angel
        can fly

1981 rh 5N5
        MIDNIGHTSPECIAL
        1188cc
        4 into 1 pipes with a transac muffler,
        as the motorcycling gods intended everything else stock std

http://s856.photobucket.com/home/steptoexs11
        http://steptoexs11.webs.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

1982 vf750 sabre

Comment

Busa-Chopper

The last dealership I turned wrenches for was a Harley - Kawasaki shop. There were several HD's I liked. I'm not anti-HD, but the attitude of so many of the riders is all arrogance and stupidity.

I'd like to pick up a rat Evo-Sportster and put the engine in a GSXR or similar chassis.

Geezer
          Geezer, I want to go the opposite direction. I see my XS as sort of a cruiser with a crotch rocket motor. I'd like to build a softail, fat tire, chopper with a Busa motor! I've searched youtube and can't find anything like that. Maybe somone will read this and point one out to me!

Scott
          1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
          dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
          MikesXs 35k Coils
          8mm plug wires
          42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
          (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
          Kerker 4-into-1
          Shaved emblems
          Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
          Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
          Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
          Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
          Custom Dual Headlights
          Lots of time and hard work.

Comment

you didn't search hard enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlzMA9ZYVg
            Last edited by TDodge7; 10-09-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

but why does everyone want such poor handling crap to put big motors in?

I have never understood the art of motorcycle detuning for performance.

I would build a UJM, like the XS, but at around 200hp with updates in the suspension, tires, etc. to handle the extra power.
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
                I would build a UJM, like the XS, but at around 200hp with updates in the suspension, tires, etc. to handle the extra power.
                That brings us back to the XJR1300 that Yamaha won't sell in North America...

Geezer

Comment

That brings us back to the XJR1300 that Yamaha won't sell in North America...

Geezer
                  Or the guy's on the other side of the pond that get these:

http://www.hondacb1300.net/home.html

All the really cool toys are overseas.
                  Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                  Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                  while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Originally posted by barberad View Post
                    Or the guy's on the other side of the pond that get these:

http://www.hondacb1300.net/home.html

All the really cool toys are overseas.
                    Now I'm really pi$$ed off...

Geezer

Comment

Those are still too crotch rocket looking.

I want one that looks almost identical to the XS11, CB900C, or GS1100L,yet incorporates all the newest technology.
                      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Gsx 1400

Suzuki make a better toy than the Honda. 1400cc fuel injected torque monster. Stockers are electronically torque limited in 1st, 2nd & 3rd to control wheelspin. Motorcycle mechanic friend here has one that has limiter by-passed, K&N filter & full Akroprovic system. Rides with bloke on CB 1300 with K&N & full Akroprovic. Honda loses badly to Suzuki. Once again we get better toys than you.

Comment

Yea, I agree. I forgot all about the "naked" suzuki. I used to walk around the Bike shops and motor cycle junk yards back in japan in a daze.
                          I don't know if you guys in/down in Aussie have any shops like this but they also had a chain of stores like PEP boys but only devoted to motorcycle/mopeds, although the did have some weird names for their product lines (yellow corn and Beet).
                          while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX1400

this is old, but here's some more overseas only toys.

http://www.motorcycle.com/events/32n...show-1797.html

Comment

Don't know about PEP boys

Capital cities now have some strange stores for two wheelers aimed at teens and twenty somethings.
                              GSX 1400's are no longer available here, been canned cause of pollution regs. Replaced with model called "B King", retuned Hayabusa powerplant in naked bike with top quality suspension and brakes (scary).
                              Motor Cycle News tested one head to head with new VMax. Yamaha only won in straight line, Suzuki won hands down in every other department, pity they are ugly bastards. Local Suzuki dealer cant even give them away (thousands off RRP).

Comment

Working...
                              X