Back in the Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubadub View Post
    - - - - have purchased a 1980 XS1100 Midnight Special - - - Mrs. Rubadub is not pleased - -
    Hi Rubadub and welcome,
    FYI and admittedly not everybody's choice but I converted my wife into a willing passenger by hanging a sidecar on my bike.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Welcome

Welcome back the scoot patrol. Looks like you have a nice little grocery-getter there.
      Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
      1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
      1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

That is in incredible shape. It blows my mind the condition of your MNS. I guess in the US the weather is less 'xsessive' with the hot & cold differences in a day & therefore less rust develops than up her in northern Canada. Mine was a rust bucket when I got it. It just fantastic to see one in the great shape of yours. I have the same style orginal back rest on mine. Thx for the pics. Mine is in the shop right now I will post some pics of it when I get it back & have to figure out the photobucket thing for me. I now realize how great it is to see another XS1100 MNS & compare & get ideas - Dan
        '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
        1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
        Rebuilt head, valves
        TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
        Tkat Fork Brace
        T.C. Spade Fuse Box
        Dyna Coils & wires
        Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
        ISO grips with stelleto ends
        4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
        Bridgestone Spitfires
        Tuned by Tinman905
        & a will to keep it.

Comment

Rubadub

Give me a shout when you get settled in Vienna, it'll be nice to have another xsessive to ride with.

Darrell
          78E
          79SF
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

I got a chuckle the other night on AFV when Tom Bergeron said, "There's a sure way to tell if a guy is having a mid-life crisis. Just look between his legs to see if there is a motorcycle there."

Not sure if that applies here but really nice looking MNS. How could the Mrs. object to such a beautiful work of art?
            My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

by that definition I have been in a midlife crisis for 33 years
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
              X