No announcement yet.

trainzz derailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Trainzz, glad to hear you made it through all that with as little injury as you did. Take care so you can get back on track!
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Quote: "If I had used my roadside assistance and had the bike towed home, I would have been forced to ride b!tch on a Harley Ultra home. Like that is any choice." End Quote

On the back of a new Wing is one thing... (especially 850 miles from home)...

But on the back of a Harley... I do understand.

Funny thing was, the guy w/ the Wing that shuttled me around up there also has 2 Harleys, (as well as a new Concours 14!)

Glad he rode the Wing that trip...

Hope they give you the easy, better, & cheaper news @ the surgeon's this am...
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Update

Went to the doctor yesterday. My fracture on the right arm above the wrist is actually a re-break of a previous injury. A very mild fracture. He put me in a brace, not a cast. Said to wear it 2-3 weeks then check back in. I figure it comes off the middle of next week, and gets replaced with an ace bandage.

The local dealer said it would cost approx $50 to straighten the forks. I have another turn signal. All I need now is a lower left engine case/cover and I will be good to go. If anyone has a spare (cheap please).........................

Thanks for all the calls and messages. I can't tell you how much they were appreciated.
        Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
        1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
        1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

NEW RIDERS TO THE BACK OF THE PACK.....that was really stupid, I only hope he learned something, sorry it was at your expense. Heal quick.

Comment

Btdt...

...got the t-shirt, coffe mug, and the cap. Glad the injuries aren't worse, Trainzz; the bike is easier to fix than you are.

My right wrist was in a brace for a month; fracture in the wrist at the end of the ulna from the wreck in June. Went in for the checkup 17 July at the orthopedics doc, and x-rays showed a cyst in the bone right behind my thumb. Apparently the blood vessel that feeds that bone had broken loose; it's the only bone that has a single dedicated blood supply. They put it in a cast from my palm to ~4" from my elbow to immobilize the thumb and give it a chance to reattach, otherwise half the bone will die, and it's surgery time.

The interesting part was riding the GL1500 the 3 miles back to the house with a fresh blue fiberglas cast on my throttle hand. I've got another checkup in two weeks, and a ride to Shawnee Bay in western Kentucky the end of the month.

Hope yours heals better and sooner than mine! Don't overdo anything; you don't wanna tear anything else loose, like my dumb ass did. I went back to work about 10 days sooner than I should have, and my job entails a lot of freight and luggage handling.

Jim
            J.D.
            Channelview, TX
            '95 VN750 "Therapy II"
            '97 GL1500SE Starrship "Midnite"
            Too many Vulcan projects
            '79 XS11 Special project
            VROC #16185
            GCVROC #33

Comment

Lee,

Don't pay to get forks straightened. They'll never get them perfect, and they'll be weaker than original. I'm betting you can get a good used set from the aforementioned place at or below the straighteneing price. They have a ton of them to choose from... and I bet you could even get help installing them.

Just a thought.

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

From talking to Lee, we don't think the forks themselves are not bent, just slipped in the tree clamps. If they are bent, I have a spare set he can nab for the price of elbow grease.
                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

lee sorry to hear. not been checking in much here. as far as lee riding b*tch not in his cards.
                  1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

I have a spare set he can nab for the price of elbow grease.
                    Is that a crack on Lee? If he had TWO good arms, would you have said elbows grease?

Tod
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Ha ha ha

OK Todster, reaaaaal funny!
                      Ivan has it right, tubes are fine. Gonna have the local dealer reset them in the braces. If they can't, I have two parts bikes in the back yard, so no problem there. The problem is neither spare bike has the engine cover I need.
                      Ivan may have one in his garage, if not maybe one of the KC boys might have one??????
                      The wrist is still aching, but I was surprised how many other bumps and bruises I collected. I guess rolling across the highway did more than I initially thought.
                      Sigh....
                      Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
                      1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
                      1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Hey Lee...
                        I thought John had written you the other night... but I think he said there's a spare cover in the garage...

I'll check with him and see for certain...
                        81 SH Something Special
                        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Lee,
                          Kinda sucks to have your "paranoid level" & "self-preservation" modes raised that way, huh???

I know w/ me... ever since my experience w/ the pavement years ago, I think about that stuff more every time I climb on...

Plus, it sucks even worse when it wasn't something YOU did wrong, it was somebody else!!! BTDT!

But, you also don't have the guilty feelings like you would IF it had been your mistake...

Hoping you & your bike heal up real fast, Buddy!
                          Take care.
                          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Well, I am pretty sure I have a spare cover, in KC. I imagine Vincer has Harry convinced that it needs to be purple and pink instead of red and black powder coating.

If nothing else, we can raid ebay....
                            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Shoot Russ a PM or email. I know he has plenty to choose from.
                              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                                Well, I am pretty sure I have a spare cover, in KC. I imagine Vincer has Harry convinced that it needs to be purple and pink instead of red and black powder coating.
                                Grape Ape. lol
                                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                                '82 XJ1100
                                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                                X