No announcement yet.

Hey there, new to forum/bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may need a new front brake master cylinder anyway.

Do you mean I can put a 140/16 CAR tire on the rear? darkside huh, cool

Comment

I obviously don't know about tire sises..

Comment

You definitely DON'T want to use a CAR tire on a bike! Bikes have to lean, so the tires have to be rounded. Car tires are flat on the contact surface. I don't know anything about sizes, as I always just use the stock size, but there are a few options when it comes to using a wider motorcycle tire on the stock wheels. A few searches here will give you plenty to read about that topic.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

its called darkside you could read in to it more, SOME people use a car tire on their motorcycle, but anyway..

My rear tire has got to be at least 7 years old if not more, but it looks great, may be able to keep. Its my front that is flat that I will be replacing.

Comment

The wood bleach is good, but can I use it effectively just wiping--or do I have to completely remove the forks and soak the top ends in a bath for hours to achieve good results?

Comment

Originally posted by TajMan View Post
              its called darkside you could read in to it more, SOME people use a car tire on their motorcycle, but anyway..

My rear tire has got to be at least 7 years old if not more, but it looks great, may be able to keep. Its my front that is flat that I will be replacing.
              Any tire that old is almost for sure hardened and not providing good traction anymore. This is in addition to any deterioration of the casing of the tire that might cause failure.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Hi TajMan,
                Get New Tires. I would also suggest you get it running well with the existing exhaust to give yourself a base line for future exhaust / jetting mods.
                Maxim Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Yeah I'll keep that kerker 4-1, It just needs sandblasted and coated with something.

That spare seat/sissy bar I have worth anything?
                  I was just gonna give the seat to someone for $20

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know, wood bleach is awesome for rust removal on chrome parts.
                    I have some pieces that were completely orange, now looking brand new shiny again.

I think I need some 1 3/4" sections of pipe with 45 degree elbows, to fix my dented in areas that are bad on exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                    X