BBQ & Bikes ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty Eleven View Post
    I'll buy one if it's made out of a xs11!
    I wonder if one could turn a spare engine into a BBQ like that guy did with the V8? Where would you put the grill, or maybe use a whole XS11 to build the grill, turn the gas tank into a propane tank and lift the seat to cook?
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Just wrap the meat of your choice in some foil and place it between the valve cover and #2&#3 plug boots. Take a long ride and you should be ready for lunch. As long as it doesn't leak and short your plugs, you are good to go.
      Not saying I would do it, but it could be done.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
        Just wrap the meat of your choice in some foil and place it between the valve cover and #2 plug boots. Take a long ride and you should be ready for lunch. As long as it doesn't leak and short your plugs, you are good to go.
        Not saying I would do it, but it could be done.
        You are truley a rider after my own heart,one of the times I did that I had a tiny hole in the foil and the grease from the bratt leaked on the head,you could smell me before I got there....
        Yuppers we SWOXS have a nice little core group,we are lucky,diverse in our life experiences but we have one thing in common ..the XS1100...

Wildkat..spying in on us......:-)

Try and get a few local riders to meet,a short ride or just a hand shake type of deal is cool...
        '80 XS1100 SG
        Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Hey Eric, wasn't GWAR one of those weird punk type bands that dressed up in odd costumes and such, yes I think so, saw them on Beavis and Butthead a couple centuries ago. as to grillin and tinkerin, I'm all about that, I love to tinker, fab, mod, whatever, if it involves working with my hands, I'm into it! I suppose you could call it GWAR, we're such a small group, those flakes would probably never notice, much less have the cognitive ability to call a lawyer over copy write infringement, so what the hell, call it GWAR, or SOGWAR or whatever you want, I'll find a way to be there! have a nice day and ride safe
          I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

So can we get this thread back to the GOOD side of the country??
            Korr and I are in California, and I think he was looking for something out here. I'd LIKE to find someone with the room to do a meeting BEFORE Labor Day Weekend. The Central Valley will be hot, but members there MAY be the only ones with the room to pull this off.
            Anybody from Sacramento to Fresno, Santa Rosa to King City with some room, a covered work area, and the desire to have a bunch of California nuts descend on them???
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I remember that eipisode from beavis and butthead hahaha There's gotta be somebody in our area that can host. Just htinking about it makes me huuunnngreeeeeeeeeee
              1978 XS1100E Standard
              Kerker Exhaust
              Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
              TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
              Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out if I have access to a place to have it. I have some ideas, but have not been able to finalize anything on it yet. Do we have an idea of how many we are talking about who may be interested if we got something together in the Sacramento area?
                Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                Spade Fuse Box
                Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                750 FD Mod
                TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Maybe we can get a poll started and see how many people are interested? Definately going, not sure , cannot make it.
                  1978 XS1100E Standard
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                  TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                  Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Working...
                  X