BBQ & Bikes ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ & Bikes ??

Would anybody be interested in hosting a BBQ & Bikes day at their home? Have some good food and get help with your bike. You could bring your bike and get some help working on it/fix it. I've seen this done before and was wondering if that has been done here?
    1978 XS1100E Standard
    Kerker Exhaust
    Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
    TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
    Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Do a search for 'Meeting of the Minds'. You might find something there.
    It's a little something Wildkat came up with a couple of years ago.

Comment

B.T.D.T.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

I think what they're trying to say is... several of us host these types of gatherings...
        Not sure which Union City you're in... but there's probably something close to you... But if you want to ride a ways... the Meeting of the Minds is the 3rd weekend in June here in Hurst, TX
        You can check the South Central rallies section for more details...

If you live around the Ohio area... the SWOXS group is extremely friendly and seem to be getting together quite often... be prepared to be chatted to death...

There's a bunch in KC that, when not cavorting with Okies, have a pretty good time... They have a pretty good time when cavorting with the Okies too... just less likely to remember it...

Several other lively groups.... if you let us know where you are... maybe we can connect you...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna have to drag my carcass down to Ohio soon. Not nearly enough XSivses up here in SE Michigan.
          Mike C
          Lake Orion, Michigan
          '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

We've amassed a pretty good group here in SW Ohio, perhaps it's time for us to organize an event like John and Wildkat host in Texas. It would be tought to top MoM (Meeting of the Minds), but my first thought for a name is GWAR (Grill, Wrench, And Ride).

Any other SWOXS riders reading this thread? Anyone else in within riding distance?
            I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
            3J6 003509
            Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
            Fuse Block Upgrade
            Mike's XS Green Coils
            Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Korr,
              We have NOT done this on the West Coast, as of yet. The problem will be finding the place to hold it. I live in a SMALL place, single car garage, no yard to speak of.... What we need is someone out here with room (yeah, in Can'tAffordYa) to hold it. I would be more than happy to bring my carb stix and other tools that fit on the bike.
              Maybe Rodger will read this and hold it at his place. We could practice by putting at least one of his machines together.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

We're hoping for one of these in the Kansas City area at the end of July. I dunno how much BBQ will be involved, but as long as we can do some fiddling with bikes, and some nice riding, I'll be happy!
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

WoW if i had a week off, I would seriously ride on over there!!!!!! It would be an awesomely backbreakingly fun trip!!!!!!!!!Oh wait i would need GPS or i will be asking for directions every ten minutes hahaha
                  If we have one down here i will be more than happy to supply the food and drinks, but somebody else is going to have to work the grill...otherwise it'll be crispy BBQ for everyone!
                  1978 XS1100E Standard
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                  TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                  Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

If you have the grill, I have the "touch" We DO need to get together, as Silent, Special Ed, You, myself, and others ARE in the greater bay area!
                    If you could get a weekend off, you may even make one of the rally's, like next weekend!
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Get one of these. Cooks burgers in 10.3 seconds!
                      XS1100SF
                      XS1100F

Comment

I am sure that BBQ can and will be arranged. Have we picked a date?

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                        We're hoping for one of these in the Kansas City area at the end of July. I dunno how much BBQ will be involved, but as long as we can do some fiddling with bikes, and some nice riding, I'll be happy!
                        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                          I am sure that BBQ can and will be arranged. Have we picked a date?
                          Last I heard, the last weekend of July was what we were looking at. No concrete plans from anyone yet though.
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold
                          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                          -H. Ford

Comment

I have access to a good grill and maybe a place to hold a bbq if people are interested, and willing to come up to Sacto. If there is interest I'll check with my parents about using their back yard. It would sure annoy the hardley rider across the street to see all those old bikes that can stomp his. He spends far more time working on his than I spend on mine and mine runs better looks better (IMHO) and doesn't leak oil all over the ground like his.

Oh, I'm pretty good at the grilling part too.

I've good a nice smoker too if any were interested in some smoked goods.
                            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                            Vetter Windjammer IV
                            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                            OEM Luggage Rack
                            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                            Spade Fuse Box
                            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                            750 FD Mod
                            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by oseaghdha View Post
                              Get one of these. Cooks burgers in 10.3 seconds!
                              I'll buy one if it's made out of a xs11!

Comment

Working...
                              X