No announcement yet.

just got my first bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the bike is in a HECK of a lot better shape than your truck! I say dump the truck (hey, GIVE it away! ) and concentrate on the bike. It will be a lot more fun and it'll be done a LOT sooner.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
      Well, the bike is in a HECK of a lot better shape than your truck! I say dump the truck (hey, GIVE it away! ) and concentrate on the bike. It will be a lot more fun and it'll be done a LOT sooner.
      not getting rid of the truck and that thin is all most done it is just a toy that plays in the mud but i will get to the bike as soon as i can
      1980 xs 11 special

The motor vehicle action sequences depicted in this film are dangerous. All stunts were performed in controlled environments with professionally trained stunt crews on closed roads. No attempts should be made to duplicate any action,driving or car play scenes herein portrayed.

Comment

I can't get over the lucky find you ran into. Say....while you're hot, care to suggest some numbers for us to use on the Powerball lottery?

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

You are a lucky man, so you already have the side covers and clutch cover. You will have that thing running in no time. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by MTaft View Post
            You are a lucky man, so you already have the side covers and clutch cover. You will have that thing running in no time. Congrats
            thanks i hope to have it running be for the snow fly's but i don't think i will get it out this year i got into the dog house with the wife when she got home from work so right now it is going to sit where it is until she cools down a little but when she does do that it think she will be all good with it
            1980 xs 11 special

The motor vehicle action sequences depicted in this film are dangerous. All stunts were performed in controlled environments with professionally trained stunt crews on closed roads. No attempts should be made to duplicate any action,driving or car play scenes herein portrayed.

Comment

If she does not cool down, I volunteer to take one for the team and let you give it to me and i'll bring it to my house.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                If she does not cool down, I volunteer to take one for the team and let you give it to me and i'll bring it to my house.
                you and about 20 other people will when i got it home not even 20 min my brother wanted it even be for i got the dust off of it. my brother is a 250- 300 and he only has a 750 and it is small for him and now he wants to get this from me so he has something bigger but there is noway he is going to get it from what i have read on this sight
                1980 xs 11 special

Comment

As you can see from my signature, I owned a few 750s in the past. And the XS11 rocks! These bikes do have incredible power. Truly, they do weigh ALOT also. This equals a bike that will go very fast very quick and with not much throttle and not really feel that fast either. It also will not turn nearly as nimbly as some smaller bikes, or slow down as easily. So you REALLY have to watch it or you will easily find your self going into a corner way to hot. I know I have had a couple turns that went high on the pucker factor.

I do recommend the MSF course. I finished one a month or so before I bought my 11. Unfortunately, there is such a huge demand for the basic course locally, they are no longer offering the experienced rider course where you can do the riding on your own machine. Luckily my course was a couple miles or so from my house so I have gone to their lot which is marked with the cone locations and such and used it as a practice ground. The 11 is an entirely different animal from the Nigthawk 250 I used for the course. SO yeah, be careful and really respect the power of this bike!

And again.....I hate you for getting that bike free!! That is a once in a lifetime deal for sure.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by chevy_338 View Post
                    you and about 20 other people will when i got it home not even 20 min my brother wanted it even be for i got the dust off of it. my brother is a 250- 300 and he only has a 750 and it is small for him and now he wants to get this from me so he has something bigger but there is noway he is going to get it from what i have read on this sight
                    Just let your brother know there are several 11's available for sale on this site! What better reason for him to get his own, than to ride along next to his brother?! Sounds like a fun "bonding" experience to me!
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                    X