Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i own a v twin
    Get a rope.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

LOL I will aways be a XJ owner and my baby the 82 that i restored the one that rick is trying to buy LOL will wlways be in the garage ready to go whenever i want to do some leaning in the corners, But i am 6'4 300 lbs so I will say my new one does fit Lori and I better can streach my legs out much more.
      http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ossjughead View Post
        LOL I will aways be a XJ owner and my baby the 82 that i restored the one that rick is trying to buy LOL will wlways be in the garage ready to go whenever i want to do some leaning in the corners, But i am 6'4 300 lbs so I will say my new one does fit Lori and I better can streach my legs out much more.

I'm 6'02 with major leg injuries in the past. Yesterday, I picked up my XS1100SG from the shop and hadn't been on it for about two weeks. Instead, I've been riding that new Raider and loving those forward pegs/controls.

So I got back on the XS yesterday and it felt like the first time I ever rode one...so unfamiliar seemingly. Hated the peg position, didn't like the handle bar angles any more. When I sat on it, it seemed like I was sitting high like a rider would on a dirt bike. It was so bizarre to not like riding it after loving it before the Raider came along.

I guess I've got some deciding to do on the future of my two XS's. I already know I am selling the SH.

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I have the same problem now with the Victory.
          I got used to the forward controls and handlebar angle and the low center of gravity.
          Now it feels really odd on the SG.The king queen on the SG pushes me right up next to the seat and the buckhorns have always made my hands ache then go numb.I dont have those problems on the Vic.
          I'd like to try a different seat and bars on the XS.
          Rick
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

It ain't about what you ride, only THAT you ride. As for myself, if I could afford it, I would have a couple V-twins, the V-Rod comes to mind, so does the buell 1125R, and of course, that tasty looking Sport Classic 1000 that Ducati puts out just makes my mouth water. If it has more than one wheel and less than three, I think I could find something about it to like. have a nice day and ride safe
            I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
              I have the same problem now with the Victory.
              I got used to the forward controls and handlebar angle and the low center of gravity.
              Now it feels really odd on the SG.The king queen on the SG pushes me right up next to the seat and the buckhorns have always made my hands ache then go numb.I dont have those problems on the Vic.
              I'd like to try a different seat and bars on the XS.
              Rick
              I know exactly what you mean about the handle bars. My wrists were sore from the 1/2 hour ride home on my XS. I was very surprised to realize the difference. Those handle bars on the Victory's are about the same as on the Raider I believe. Heck, the entire bike looks pretty much similar. Afterall, I was first sitting on a Victory before the salesman asked me what I thought of the Raider.

I can't help feeling like I have abandoned an old friend, my XS, with my new love of this Raider. I know, I know.....SAPPY!

Don
              currently own;
              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Be careful, you remember what Herbie did when Jim Douglas brought that Shiny new Maserati home don't you.

Speaking of Twins, IlLove my V-strom 1k. Best I've ever had.

Comment

Working...
                X