Ok i own a v twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok i own a v twin

Hi all well i did it i own a vtwin now i bought a 1500 Intruder its a 98 bout it from the original owner he is 65 bike has been very well looked after. So that meen the 81 bagger is for sale and NO I WILL NEVER SELL MY XJ well thats what i told the wife from the other room in a quiet voice LOL but anyways i can say that i do fit much better on this bike but it will never be as fun as my XJ leaning through the corners throttling on to it much more fun by myself on it will get some pics tomorrow

Jim
    http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Just wondering?

So Lori, How much do you want for the XJ?
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

nothin wrong with a vtwin its the nut behind the handlebar that can be a problem
      Jim
      Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
      Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
      and SOXS
      2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

V-Twin for Juggy, XJ for me

So I talked to Lori and she sold me Jims XJ for 200 bucks and the name of a good lawyer. Really good deal, considering how much time and effort Juggy put into it. Probably could have got it for less but I didn't want to take advantage of the situation.
        Glad you got a bike that fits you Jug. I will be expecting a visit from you and Lori on it soon. Thx Rick
        I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

ossjughead....I absolutely love my new 2009 Raider. My SG is still in the shop but when it comes home, honestly, it's going to be hard to leave the Raider at home to ride the SG.

Still got to get my SH running right so I can sell that one.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
            So I talked to Lori and she sold me Jims XJ for 200 bucks and the name of a good lawyer. Really good deal, considering how much time and effort Juggy put into it. Probably could have got it for less but I didn't want to take advantage of the situation.
            Glad you got a bike that fits you Jug. I will be expecting a visit from you and Lori on it soon. Thx Rick
            LMAOoooo Very funny but I dont think so....LOL..Well Jim this isnt totally unexpected but a Suzuki? Just kiddin' ya...you might consider opening your own bike shop...LOL Good luck with the V...I 'll be seeing it soon...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by ossjughead View Post
              Hi all well i did it i own a vtwin now i bought a 1500 Intruder its a 98 bout it from the original owner he is 65 bike has been very well looked after. So that meen the 81 bagger is for sale and NO I WILL NEVER SELL MY XJ well thats what i told the wife from the other room in a quiet voice LOL but anyways i can say that i do fit much better on this bike but it will never be as fun as my XJ leaning through the corners throttling on to it much more fun by myself on it will get some pics tomorrow

Jim
              Jim which '81 bagger the Venturer? The Blue and White one???
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yes the blue and white one

Comment

Yes the blue and white one
                  And you did this right before I come to get my bike...trying to tempt me into a trade????
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Nope we can fit both on your trailer Ben you would look good on it and it would replace your ST

Comment

Nope we can fit both on your trailer Ben you would look good on it and it would replace your ST
                      ST didnt sell...so as much as I would like it... it wouldnt be possible...even if the ST is sold I dont think it would be a wise move for me as I am trying to downsize and being out of work means my funds are quite limited
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Well maybe I spoke too soon..it would appear that the ST is sold after all...the guy is flying in from Kentucky on Sat. so once I have the cash in hand then I'll consider it a done deal...but not until then.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Jim, Does this mean that you are one of THEM now, and not one of US anymore?
                          POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
                          THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
                          1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

I went by the Harley shop today to look for some rain gators. They had some, but they only went to the top of my calf and had "Harley" written in big letters on them.. so I passed on them. I did however actually see a Harley that I liked. It was a V-rod I think.. but it was sporty.. sleek and powerful looking with everything high enough that it looked like you could actually corner a bit. I asked the salesman about it and he finished with, "Dude, this thing runs in the 11's in the quarter!" I laughed, decided I really don't need another bike, and told the guy, "Dude, I have a nearly 30 year old bike that does that already!"

Sorry guys.. I was dazzled by the "Shiny" for a moment.

Tod
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                              I went by the Harley shop today to look for some rain gators. They had some, but they only went to the top of my calf and had "Harley" written in big letters on them.. so I passed on them. I did however actually see a Harley that I liked. It was a V-rod I think.. but it was sporty.. sleek and powerful looking with everything high enough that it looked like you could actually corner a bit. I asked the salesman about it and he finished with, "Dude, this thing runs in the 11's in the quarter!" I laughed, decided I really don't need another bike, and told the guy, "Dude, I have a nearly 30 year old bike that does that already!"

Sorry guys.. I was dazzled by the "Shiny" for a moment.

Tod
                              Another deer in the headlights...LOL
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X