Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for the intellectuals among us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since Mr. Walker has said never mind, he found the info he was looking for,
    and since this thread has taken a turn,
    I thought I'd jack it a little more and add a couple of things.........

them missionaries, well, I used to kinda be one, as a kid.
    I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness.....don't throw stones yet, LOL
    only up until the age of 15, when my parents divorced, and the Brothers in the congregation turned thier collective back on us when we had not moved until the house sold, my father still lived there also,
    that meant that my mother was commiting adultery, yeah, even tho the beds in thier room were twins, and in different corners of the room,

But, the even funnier thing is that even tho the JW's don't condone divorce, they had been trying to talk my mother into it for several years,
    and then didn't even offer any help......

Hence my tainted view of the church....

anyways, I just love it when someone wants to talk to me about thier 'views'
    I usually just walk away, but sometimes I entertain myself, and drop the JW bomb and wait, just like now!
    1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
    "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
    My Photo Bucket

Comment

This is from a Mormon friend of mine......

"How do you keep a Mormon from drinking your beer when you go fishing together?

Bring a 2nd Mormon"
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat - lol - I'll bet that works for caffeinated soda too. I don't want to start mormon bashing - most of them are very fine people (in the secular sense). I just don't want them - or any other salesmen - knocking on my door.
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
          Pat - lol - I'll bet that works for caffeinated soda too. I don't want to start mormon bashing - most of them are very fine people (in the secular sense). I just don't want them - or any other salesmen - knocking on my door.
          For the most part that won't work for caffeinated soda, unless they are the really uptight type. Every Mormon friend of mine (I am one too) drinks caffeinated soda, just not coffee or tea.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
            For the most part that won't work for caffeinated soda, unless they are the really uptight type. Every Mormon friend of mine (I am one too) drinks caffeinated soda, just not coffee or tea.
            Yeah, I go through about 3 liters a day... All diet though.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
            X