79' xs Turned Cafe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.....looks just like the other 100 I've seen here in 6 months. I think Rain Riding is more exciting..

Im an original rain rider.. Since my 3rd bike.. I grew some balls and road every day in the raid..

about my 4th-5th bike.. I learned what it was like in the snow

Consider me as your typical squid.. gone conservative.. didnt want to vote for ron paul, went stunting and ended up appreciating all bikes and riders along the way.. that might be a bad synopsis so mind the jose cuervo talking..

I have alot of plans for this beauty.. and there in "next" weeks lineup. Not next month, or over the years..

I appreciate everyones love, and suggestions.. im going to do that Fuse box mod.. and consider a few others..

Thank you all

-eric

myspace.com/ecthemc
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../bottomsig.jpg

"He who hates me - also hates my father."
    "I've learned in my life.. war is life.. and.. its in everyone's genes and structure. To not be prepared for war is to be inhumane.. so to be truly human is to always be ready for War"- x3 Grandfather.. ACE -Royal Air France, US Air Force

Comment

and not literally.. alaskan fall

and just becareful man.. about riding in the rain.. you wouldnt want to lowside and end up with forks like these

Alaskan Fall

If you are still tired.. i wouldnt recommend into .. Hardcore riding.. You know.. frozen lakes n ****

PS for the guy said.. More exciting and yawn.... GET OUT.. AND WAKE UP!

Dont worry I give every inch and love for my XS as I do for anything I do!!

And look for me on Youtube coming this summer... " Xs 1100 Wheelie " - Wil be the best and longest XS wheelie you have ever seen.. so keep your thumbs up!
      Last edited by ecthemc; 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM.

"I've learned in my life.. war is life.. and.. its in everyone's genes and structure. To not be prepared for war is to be inhumane.. so to be truly human is to always be ready for War"- x3 Grandfather.. ACE -Royal Air France, US Air Force

Comment

Eric,

In case you hadn't noticed, he was getting back at you for posting your own "yawn" comment in the Rain Riding thread. Considered bad form here...
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Wow- One of my roommates hopped on my PC when I was passed out and must've posted that- Truly unlike myself..

Can't wait to find out from other forums what other inconsiderate msg's were made- Also considering neither of them RIDE.. " What the hell ! "

grrr..

Comment

Looks like it's time to change the PW on your PC. No harm done.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Dude...I think you need to put the bottle of Jose' down. It apparently has washed away all your manners and courtesy. We call it "Liquid Courage". Alaska is no secret to me, been there, lived on Adak and been to Fairbanks, my Dad lived there in the 50's up near Gnome. The "hardcore" riding....yeah..did stuff like that years ago....watched to many I knew die at it...Indian Larry made it look MUCH cooler to. But I know, your just THAT much better than him though.

Do us all a favor, use a little courtesy and don't be disrespectful to the folks like Ivan that have helped the site become such a great and useful tool for others. If you are not interested in Rain Riding, just don't read it and move on. Hopefully this was not so subtle you missed the point.. again.

Not sure which post your suggesting was your room mate(s). That was posted after I wrote this.
              Last edited by DGXSER; 04-20-2009, 11:27 AM.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
                These bikes are like 700 pounds and top heavy,but they got the powa.
                Good luck and make sure we get lots of pics with progres.
                Rick
                What? No way man...700 lbs? my XJ1100 weighs 560 lbs...and top heavy?..I'd dispute that as well...not trying to flame you but c'mon Even the full dress baggers dont weigh 700 lbs...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Even the full dress baggers dont weigh 700 lbs...
                  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I DID have a scale ticket from my first, full dress, XS1100. 820 lbs on the truck scale, WITHOUT ME!!
                  Yes, they CAN get that heavy quickly when you start to add all the extra "goodies". They STILL go fast, though!!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Situational weight

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    What? No way man...700 lbs? my XJ1100 weighs 560 lbs...and top heavy?..I'd dispute that as well...not trying to flame you but c'mon Even the full dress baggers dont weigh 700 lbs...
                    Hi Madmax.
                    Clymers sez 556lbs for SF & 562lbs for E & F. But you know they are trimming 20lbs off just like any other middle-aged lady discussing her weight.
                    And that's the dry weight of a naked bike. Add a tankful of gas, a sumpful of oil and a crashbar and you are probably over 600lbs. And we haven't even started with fairings or hard bags, eh?
                    Also when the bike is laying on top of you with a hot exhaust pipe trapping your leg, you'll swear it has to weigh at least half a ton.
                    And with that massive upright double knocker four engine, you bet your arse it's top heavy.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                      And we haven't even started with fairings or hard bags, eh?
                      Also when the bike is laying on top of you with a hot exhaust pipe trapping your leg, you'll swear it has to weigh at least half a ton.
                      try picking it up before you realize you have 2 bones in you left arm broken, you'd really be suprized how heavy they are!!!!!
                      1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
                      "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
                      My Photo Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by ecthemc View Post
                        Im an original rain rider.. Since my 3rd bike.. I grew some balls and road every day in the raid..
                        FWIW, I was born with a set you stunties would be envious of, and never felt the need to grow them any further.

Because I don't choose to tear up a perfectly fine piece of equipment along with myself is no basis to defame my masculinity.

Next year when you get your PFD check, get sloshed and insult people using utterly unimpressive pictures of your blunders as reinforcement, don't try to pin it on your roomie. Guys that "grew some balls" stand up for them selves when they jump in a pile of ****.
                        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

[QUOTE=ecthemc;203732]Im an original rain rider.. Since my 3rd bike.. I grew some balls and rode every day in the rain. About my 4th-5th bike.. I learned what it was like in the snow - - -

Hi Eric,
                          the only transport I had was a bike so I had to ride in the rain from the get-go.
                          Since my third bike I grew the balls to admit I hated doing so.
                          with my 10th bike & 1st sidecar I learned what it was like to ride in the snow and not fall off.
                          Gawdelpus, that was 50 years ago.
                          Keep riding, kid, while you are still immortal.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Man on man have I cut off alot of that pop can steel..

I'm not sure.. But I hope to be around 650 wet ( with me )

Just got done writing emails and it appears my cafe rear im getting from carpy is going to be gel coated black.. with a SIGNATURE!!

Man is that cooL! all I got to do is put a cpl lairs of clear on her and hope it never wears off!!!

Alaska is a beautiful place.. for Drunks, Yuppies- Squids, Stunters, Weekend riders and me which is all of the above ..

I posted those photo's to express that even us " Inconsiderate Young squid's" can have a passion and love for the old outdated XS...

If anything seemed like it was a attack.. it was merely new aged " joshing" - good term for ya ol' timers.

I ride and appreciate anything with 2 wheels.. As of this year.. I am now.. Being polite and Respecting " Hard knockers" - yes that's the Pardon of the year

Comment

Keep us posted on your xs cafe and don't forget we love pictures! I am going for the cafe look minus clubmans handle bars. I am too short and really do not like crunching over the gas tank
                              Trying to make the switch to pod filters i got from mikesxs.com , but i get gun-shy everytime i go out there to do it I need to grow a some balls ahahah!
                              I ordered a cafe seat from airtechstreamlining.com, but it's been a month and they still have not sent it to me yet They are SLOWWWW!!! I won't need to chop anything. I will be reusing the rear fender and turning it into a tire hugger. As soon as i can find a hardware store that sells sheet metal i will cut up some new side panels. I also got a lucas style tail light to mount to the cafe seat. Going to paint the whole bike matte black and paint a big #78 on the tail instead of #59 XS will be painted on the new side panels.Once it's all done the bike will look pretty mean. Just my luck it's raining and windy so i can't paint a damn thing(no garage). I will probably paint some teeth onto the sides of the viper fairing. I will get pictures up as soon as i can finish
                              1978 XS1100E Standard
                              Kerker Exhaust
                              Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                              TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                              Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Working...
                              X